Shellac peeling off?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha loving the sandwich analogy!

I haven't had any problems with Shellac, certain times there have been problems with me applying my own shellac -a bit heavy handed on the colour coat and on a couple of nails I've had either a slight ripple effect when curing or a little bump,but that's down to me.

I love Shellac, the difference it's made to my nails - they used to be short, paper thin and bendy and now they're strong and a lovely length. A fab product!

Omg pep is preb without the remove shine what a ditz! I've been seeing this and thinking what the hang! lol
Anyhoo just wondered about the sandwich bit, does this mean not to cap the free edge with the colour coats?? I always leave a teeney margin at base and sides but not at free edge. xx

Omg pep is preb without the remove shine what a ditz! I've been seeing this and thinking what the hang! lol
Anyhoo just wondered about the sandwich bit, does this mean not to cap the free edge with the colour coats?? I always leave a teeney margin at base and sides but not at free edge. xx
You cap just the same as always while you are painting.

Maisy mouse

I have had tis problem before and have found it was because I had applied the base coat too thickly. I have found that the thinner th better, literally just a sticky coating of base works for me!!! As Geeg and the others say, thin to win!!

thanks I thought it was thin when i applied it but perhaps not enough:confused:

Can i just ask a q on the top coat?? Is it supposed to be thicker in consistency than the colour and base coat? If not, mine is quite thick and it just doesn't seem to flow onto the nail like the colour. Because it doesn't flow nicely I sometimes end up with patches of nail where the top coat hasn't coated. :irked:

Yes the shellac topcoat is a thicker consistancy (well all mine have) and I assume this is why you get more applications of base as opposed to topcoat?

I know what you mean I always really shake and work quite quick with a light touch keeping brush parrallel to nail plate, this helps.

xx

Cheers Katie, will try use a lighter touch and keep it more parrallel next time. x

Hi Ladies Yes i am using the cnd lamp.....I have also done a gel/fibreglass/silk course so i do know a little about gel but i did not continue with it after the course finished. I did not know there was any aftercare advice to be followed or prep as i didn't have a class on how to do shellac but i don't know why they do not send info with your order as everybody makes it sound like as long as you know how to do manicure you'll be fine......i thought this was the case and have never been advised anything about what to tell people after etc???? Wwhat is the prep? with gel i thought it was file nails and rub nail plate with acetone to dehydrate so the product will stick?? i didn't know there was anything else....after that i would base coat curing for 10 secs then apply colour cure 2 mins, another colour coat 2 mins and then top coat 2 mins??

Lisa
"with gel i thought it was file nails and rub nail plate with acetone to dehydrate so the product will stick?"

Acetone is for removing,sanitiser is for dehydrating

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back