Shellac plus manicure - how much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
One of my regular Shellac clients would like a manicure along with her shellac soon

A manicure on its own is usually :
Shape, Soak, cuticle work, exfoliating scrub, hand & arm massage & polish

Obv no soak and will do cuticle work first, then Shellac and continue afterwards but my question is, how much extra would you charge on top of the standard Shellac price for the manicure?

I charge £10 extra for shellac with any of my manicures and pedicures x

Hi Blossom

I'm the same as Flawless; I charge £10 to add shellac onto any manicure, pedicure or enhancement treatment as the cuticle work and shaping is already done.

This is where I got myself confused lol as that's what I first thought

But then if a mani is £15 and I add on £10 for Shellac, that makes £25
Yet she pays £20 ATM for Shellac alone, making the manicure seem worth £5 which can't be right?

Maybe you should make it £30 for a manicure with shellac then.

I charge a mini mani (file, cuticle work, polish) as £12 vinylux and £22 shellac.
My full manicures are then £22 vinylux and £32 shellac x

Ah, yes. I agree - you should add more on then.

My shellac manicure is £28; the equivalent in vinylux is £15.

I then have a spa manicure which is also £28, or £38 if adding shellac.

I don't do just a shellac polish on ours own as I feel the correct prep is needed to get great results & for me that includes a manicure! I charge £22 for a shellac manicure, £25 for rockstar (+£3 for removal) HTH X

I don't really understand how one would even offer ANY nail enhancement without basic mani or pedi service seems ridiculous to me.
Build it into your price , have the option of adding soak scrub as extra but your basic manicure SHOULD be in your shellac app how Else would you get a decent application?????

^ I don't think blossom is referring to pep when she says manicure, I think she's referring to a Spa manicure type service which includes a scrub and hand and arm massage as an extra on top of the pep and Shellac application

One of my regular Shellac clients would like a manicure along with her shellac soon

A manicure on its own is usually :
Shape, Soak, cuticle work, exfoliating scrub, hand & arm massage & polish

Obv no soak and will do cuticle work first, then Shellac and continue afterwards but my question is, how much extra would you charge on top of the standard Shellac price for the manicure?

It depends on what you're offering, I use the CND almond spa manicure range which includes the almond milk bath, scrub, illuminating mask which I use with heated mittens and the lotion for a hand and arm massage. You can charge quite a bit more for this and I think CND somewhere says what percentage extra you should be charging...think it shows it on the videos on YouTube. But it also depends on your area and demand!

I charge £8 extra :) the way I worked it out was comparing the manicure with polish steps to the manicure with Shellac steps, takes similar amount of time and the only difference is using Shellac which costs more to buy so factored this in, I hope this makes sense!

^ I don't think blossom is referring to pep when she says manicure, I think she's referring to a Spa manicure type service which includes a scrub and hand and arm massage as an extra on top of the pep and Shellac application
Indeed [emoji6]

Hey ladies! Rather than start a new thread because we're already talking about shellac manicure, thought I would jump on this thread & ask how can I word a message to someone who has just sent me this message:

Hi, I have just taken my rubber gloves off after washing up to find my nail polish has just come of one of my nails and its only a 11days ,

Most of my ladies get 2/3+weeks this is the first time I've done this lady but 11 days is still pretty good going!
How do I politely word that anything after 3 days isn't really guaranty...Any suggestions? X

How long has she had her gloves on for? I have a lady that volunteers in a soup kitchen and hers do the same with gloves on for hours on end. Tell her it lasts for "up to two weeks" depending on how she looks after them. If that's not durable enough then maybe she should try a hard gel or l & p

Well I imagine she had her gloves on for as long as it took her to do the dishes, I told her when I did them, upto 10 days anything after that is a bonus, she is in her 70's & has quite dry ridged nails & has arthritis too.

Hi ladies ....How does this sounds?

Good morning! I always say anything upto 10 days is good, anything after that is a bonus (most people get 2 weeks or longer) just the 1 finger coming off is unfortunate, have you been using the cuticle oil as recommended, as this helps them to last longer. Unfortunately I'm not in your area now for a while, for me to be able re-do that 1 finger, but Painting it with a normal polish so it matches in would be fine.

Is it the first time you've done this lady?

Yes it's the first time x

Yes it's the first time x
I wondered if she's been used to having something more robust on her nails? You can bet Shellac will soak off quicker but it's not the hardest wearing I find
If she's nice and you'd like to keep her, I'd probably have her back and do a gel overlay underneath her Shellac (as I find in this situation it extend the life to 2/2.5 weeks plus).
Just a thought x

Hey ladies! Rather than start a new thread because we're already talking about shellac manicure, thought I would jump on this thread & ask how can I word a message to someone who has just sent me this message:

Hi, I have just taken my rubber gloves off after washing up to find my nail polish has just come of one of my nails and its only a 11days ,

Most of my ladies get 2/3+weeks this is the first time I've done this lady but 11 days is still pretty good going!
How do I politely word that anything after 3 days isn't really guaranty...Any suggestions? X

I would reply " thank you for the feedback it's always so wonderful to hear from you, I am free on Thursday for a quick touch up if you can spare 15min at 2pm (whenever) as it's just a touch up it only be £5 or whatever.
Don't bother going into arguments or into discussion over messaging it can turn nasty or go pear shaped. This usually works for 99% my clients.
I sometimes add a little joke "only 11 days did you miss me that much couldn't wait for your follow up in 2 days time"
I am know as a joker so my clients would laugh at that but obviously it depends on your personality too.

Latest posts

Back