Short hairs sticking up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Hi guys, just popped over from the beauty bit to see if anyone can give me any advice on my hair, I hope I've posted in the right bit.
I've got lots of short hairs on the top of my head which are driving me mad, I can't do anything with them and they just stick up lol is this likely to be new hair growth or is my hair damaged?

I'm clueless when it comes to hair so any advice would be appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is your hair coloured/chemically treated?

How often do you use straighteners/heat styling on your hair?

How do you style your hair?

Do you see the shorter hairs after straightening (if you use straighteners) or are they apparent after blowdrying also?

Thanks for your reply, I do have my hair coloured usually just the roots done every 5 weeks, I'm brunette so I don't have it bleached.

I always use my hair dryer on the cooler setting and only straighten it once or twice a week.
I think they are noticeable after drying but worse after I've straightened it

Kayle are you on any medication? Or a change of?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Kayle are you on any medication? Or a change of?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

The only thing I take is the pill but I have changed brands in the last few months, could this maybe be the cause?

Is there any way you could show us a pic? Just need to work out how much short hair we're dealing with.

My sister has very coarse curly hair and she looses ALOT every time she brushes so shes got loads of new growth and its very apparent when she straightens it, she wont wear it curly. So new growth is a possibility.

View attachment 83897
I've attached a picture but it's not very easy to see the little short ones sorry, is 5 weeks too often to be have the roots coloured?
Thank you both for your help so far

5 weeks is fine, just rub a little teeny tiny bit of oil over the parting and down through your hair, only a really little bit mind, that should get them under control, also I retail a fab product in my salon by goldwell it's called satin guard see if you can get some, it's a humidity protection spray I always finish my flyaway clients with it :) just spray a little on from a distance and smooth with your hands

Yeah just looks like new growth to me. Like kahuna said put some oil on them to keep them down.

Thank you I'll have a look for that spray and will give it a try :) I use an Aveda hair oil on the ends so I'll try a small amount of that as well to see if I can tame them lol thanks for all your advice

When u run it through your ends just rub what's left through the top :) not too much tho it'll go greasy :)

I get them. Baby hairs growing. I just use a little hairspray....to be honest they don't bother me as I pretend it means I have clean healthy hair :) x

Sorry to hijack but.....OMG I could've written this post my hair is exactly the same, it seems to of changed lately I've got broken/shorter bits of hair, new growth? but they are really dark, some are a different texture to my normal growth & can be quite coarse!! I've got straight, "Virgin" blonde hair, rarely straighten it, but wash & blow dry it most days, I've got to be really careful what I wash it with otherwise it feels, what I can only describe as "coated" have you lovely hair geeks got any advice for me!? Xx

Latest posts

Back