Should I bleach then colour and how long between?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robyn1973f

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have short(ish) hair about 3 inches long. It's bleached white but growing out so about half is roots colour. I'm getting it cut this evening but will probably still have some of the bleach on the ends in places. I want to go silver/grey instead of plain blonde or white which it has been for a while.

Having dyed and bleached my own hair regularly over the years I am experienced and confident and always check with hairdressers etc before doing something new.

After speaking to my hairdresser I went to Sally's (I'm a nail tech) and took their advice on exactly which product to go for using the colour charts as a guide. I have chosen the RUSK deep shine ash blonde (SL01A) and they told me to use 50ml of that with 75ml of heir one shot creme peroxide 6%, 20 vol.

As my roots are darker than the ends (dark dull blonde with a little grey) they advised me to bleach my hair first so I also have th Renbow Crazy Colour bleaching kit.

My questions are:
a) Do I need to bleach first as the colour is mixed with peroxide?
b) If I do bleach first, how long must I wait between bleach and colour?

Advice would be greatly appreciated as I would love to get it coloured today but don't want to mess it up!

Thanks
Robyn

Latest posts

Back