Sick benefit for self employed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Perfection

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've been diagnosed with suspected kidney cancer and getting kidney removed 25th April. I won't be able to work for a while and just wondered if I could claim any benefit. I don't pay tax but do pay Nat insurance.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you're soon on the road to recovery.

You can apply for ESA but it's not much, maybe book an appointment with the citizens advice bureaux to see if there's anything else you are entitled to - housing benefit, child tax credits, etc.

Check your insurances too, you may have some kind of health cover that you were unaware of - worth a look.

Can't be of any use with regards to what help you can get but wanted to wish you all the best xx

Thank you ladies x

What awful news to hear, you must be reeling! Have you thought about contacting MacMillan? They will have advisors for everything including financial assistance.

I just want to pass on my best wishes to you and here's the link to Macmillan info. They're very good at providing advice and support so do give them a call. xx

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/

Freephone helpline number 0808 808 00 00

Thanks I'll look into it.

Latest posts

Back