Silver ash

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammay

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the best product is to give that silver ash effect. So far I've used Rusk and Clynol but I'm still not completely satisfied with the result. Can anyone help?

To achieve the true silver/ash tones, you need to apply them to very light blonde natural, or pre-lightened bleached hair.

I now use Wella Koleston, Color Touch and Color Fresh and find them very good.

You will have to apply colors from at least a level 9 to achieve these ash/silver tones you are wanting. Have a look at some color charts.

:)

Can anyone tell me what the best product is to give that silver ash effect. So far I've used Rusk and Clynol but I'm still not completely satisfied with the result. Can anyone help?

Well it depends how silver it is really?
If you're just looking for an ashy blonde toner that looks very slightly silvery then pretty much every colour brand will have something suitable...

If however you are looking for a 'Silver' not an 'Ash Blonde' then look at the Gothic Collection in Affingage.... they are AMAZING!

Well it depends how silver it is really?
If you're just looking for an ashy blonde toner that looks very slightly silvery then pretty much every colour brand will have something suitable...

If however you are looking for a 'Silver' not an 'Ash Blonde' then look at the Gothic Collection in Affingage.... they are AMAZING!

I agree with Perry. Affinage have got my vote this week x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

To achieve the true silver/ash tones, you need to apply them to very light blonde natural, or pre-lightened bleached hair.

I now use Wella Koleston, Color Touch and Color Fresh and find them very good.

You will have to apply colors from at least a level 9 to achieve these ash/silver tones you are wanting. Have a look at some color charts.

:)

I agree with this, Wella colours in my experience are always a good bet. ;)

Hi There,

The best silver/ash colour I used was in a competition piece and it was the Wella colour touch 8/81. /it look s amazing next to white hair, really icy looking x

My friend has bleach hair and used wells pastel toner 10/8 left on for 20 mins, it's fab!! She's a base 6 naturally.

hi, i've just used Affinage Colour Dynamics in silver steel for the first time this week & it gave amazing results. I used it over bleach it gave a fab silver ash colour!!!x

hi, i've just used Affinage Colour Dynamics in silver steel for the first time this week & it gave amazing results. I used it over bleach it gave a fab silver ash colour!!!x

Gotta love Affinage ;)

Try Cool White in the dynamics on bleached hair, it's also amazing

So am I right in thinking you can use Infiniti as a permanent or a tone on tone depending on the developer you use??? X

So am I right in thinking you can use Infiniti as a permanent or a tone on tone depending on the developer you use??? X

Yes, normal peroxide for your permanent else grab a bottle of converter!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using SalonGeek

Yes, normal peroxide for your permanent else grab a bottle of converter!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using SalonGeek

Fab thank you I've never used affinage before but might give it a try! X

Agreed with all the lovely stuff said about affinage gothic collection. I bleached my hair pale yellow and currently have onyx over it which is a base 7. Really nice easy to use toners and give nice shades from silver to dark grey with minimal damage.

Agreed with all the lovely stuff said about affinage gothic collection. I bleached my hair pale yellow and currently have onyx over it which is a base 7. Really nice easy to use toners and give nice shades from silver to dark grey with minimal damage.

Absolutely! i coloured an ex-colleagues hair the other day, and used 1,7 all over and i did a stripe through her quiff at the front with the 7,117 and it looks soooo good!
I'm just experimenting with the satin this week as i've only ever used the converter with infiniti...can't wait to try out the 002 :)

I bleach my hair and wanted it grey/White so I used a 91/2 19 igora royal toner and it gives a lovely icy white ash shade with violet undertone gorgeous! x

Latest posts

Back