Silver hair dye suggestions needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gothhairgirl

Reaction score
I'm currently working in a salon that are using a silver hair dye that to me isn't working.
It's the schwarzkopf silver range, for white hair. Now I work with a lot of Asian hair and as many hairdressers who work with Asian hair it is too hard to get it white. I can get it pretty much almost white but there is always that warm tone still slightly. But the dye we are using isn't good enough it doesn't kill out a lot of these tones. In fact I didn't even recommend this dye.

I need a quality silver hair dye asap because I don't want clients walking out unhappy with it. I keep seeing affinage a lot and Ive used it myself on me but wondered if anyone with silver and Asian hair would know some good ones!

What toner are you using and what level have you lifted the hair to?

What toner are you using and what level have you lifted the hair to?
I'm asking in general what good silvery dyes are out there to use in the salon.

Well obviously it depends on the hair sat in front of you. :)

I always think of the term 'hair dye' as an over the counter product rather than a professional term for colouring hair!

Try fudge toner t01 for silver .. which can be left on for up to 15 mins .. or for a grey I mix 10/0 & 1/0 with a bit of 0/22 all fudge colours!

Hope this helps! :)

Affinages .117 range is amazing for silvers. But you need to leave it on for full processing time to ensure no green or unwanted tones.

Echosline make lovely silvers (8.11,9.11,10.11) i tried the 8.11 and 9.11 on a friend once and the grey was beautiful, it didnt have khaki green undertones which surprised me as the .11 is intense ash, but after 2 weeks it did start looking SLIGHTLY KHAKI which is probaby because my friend did not maintain with purple shampoo, it was a beautiful solid silver though, no overly blue tone either. Mix with 3%/10vol oblu though as youre depositing for best results!

I got the dye in ab irish salon supply shop called Deegans and havent seen the colour house anywhere else before, echosline is italian if i recall though, lovely shades

Latest posts

Back