Skin peels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to introduce skin peels into my home based salon. Do any of you have any recommendations on brands & training. Would really appreciate any thoughts from any who have any experience in the field of peels.......
Many Thanks
J9

Chemical peels will come under the new aesthetic qualifications from this year when the new jccp aesthetic register is launched. I would look very carefully at whoever you go too and make sure you get a qualification and not a training certificate as I did in the past. I'm now currently training to complete my level 4 in clinical aesthetics now. google the jccp and hee recommendations too get some more information on it xxxx

Chemical peels will come under the new aesthetic qualifications from this year when the new jccp aesthetic register is launched. I would look very carefully at whoever you go too and make sure you get a qualification and not a training certificate as I did in the past. I'm now currently training to complete my level 4 in clinical aesthetics now. google the jccp and hee recommendations too get some more information on it xxxx

Thankyou so much for this information, it's so useful to have to hand. It might not be as straight forward as I originally thought. Does that apply to microneedling too do you know? I only have a training certificate in that.
Xxx

Yes it does I had training certificates only too. It applies to peels, microneedling laser skin treatments and non surgical blemish removal there are other treatments being looked at too at the moment. I think there will be massive changes this year xxx

Yes it does I had training certificates only too. It applies to peels, microneedling laser skin treatments and non surgical blemish removal there are other treatments being looked at too at the moment. I think there will be massive changes this year xxx

Oh well, back to the drawing board or college? Thanks I will try & look at courses & costings. Really helpful info. Thanks. Xxx

Can someone please clarify for me???? I have a level 3 itec diploma in holistic massage. I went in to get other beauty diplomas in Microdermabrasion & Microcurrent. Can I still carry out these treatments although I only did a 1 day training course, I have diplomas or training certificates but they don't have a level on them? I'm told I need to get a Level 3 electronic facial qualification to continue with these treatments? Please Help!!!!

Not when the new regulations come into play. The register will start in November as unless you have a level 4 qualification in these subjects you will begin too find it difficult for your insurance. The government are also going too do a massive campaign too make the public aware of this register and advise people too only go too people for these treatments who are listed on the register xxx

Can someone please clarify for me???? I have a level 3 itec diploma in holistic massage. I went in to get other beauty diplomas in Microdermabrasion & Microcurrent. Can I still carry out these treatments although I only did a 1 day training course, I have diplomas or training certificates but they don't have a level on them? I'm told I need to get a Level 3 electronic facial qualification to continue with these treatments? Please Help!!!!
Sorry I didn't read before. No you need a basic understanding and minimum of a level 3 qualification too carry out electrical facial treatments due too the implications that can arise xxx

Thanks so much again. So I need to invest in a high frequency & galvanic machine. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. I do want one that works well but at a reasonable price...

Hi Nettie! Can I ask who you are doing your level 4 Aesthetics qualification with? Thank you x

Hi Nettie! Can I ask who you are doing your level 4 Aesthetics qualification with? Thank you x
Yes of course I'm studying my level 4 in clinical aesthetics and cosmetic dermatology with sally Durant training and consultancy xxx

Yes of course I'm studying my level 4 in clinical aesthetics and cosmetic dermatology with sally Durant training and consultancy xxx
Thank you for your reply. How are you finding the course? Are you self funded on it? Xx

Yes it's a private training established and they don't have any government funding at the moment. The course is amazing. I really didn't realise how much more there was too know about the skin. I was a bit skeptic all before I started about what new kind of knowledge/experience I would be gaining. Now I realise exactly why the new recommendations are happening, you really don't realise how little about the skin you do know until you do this course. It is the equivalent of the first year of a foundation degree in skincare. Xxx

They do have a 12 month payment plan option though xxx

Thanks so much again. So I need to invest in a high frequency & galvanic machine. Any recommendations would be really appreciated. I do want one that works well but at a reasonable price...
Sorry I can't help with either of these as I don't do either of these treatments xxx

I have a Carlton high frequency and icon ultra lift that has galvanic - both great machines x

How about vegetable peel, that it also good I have heard.

I was trained with carlton both galvanic and high frequency. Great machines.

Latest posts

Back