Smaller Brush??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
Two Thread's in one day!!

I lost a nail and just went to replace it and I have left my master series brush at my mum's shop so I had a spare (Star nails VF21 brush I think ) I thought that it seemed to be easier to get my ratio correct, I tend to work a little wet on my own nails... What do you guy's think? Do you think it is easier with a littler brush?

Don't know for sure, but logic would say that a smaller brush holds less liquid, therefore it would be easier to work less wet.....

Not sure I've helped much - more thinking aloud really.....!!! Hmmmm....

Well indeed a smaller brush does hold less liquid, but so does a larger brush that has had the liquid squeezed out of it!! :D

If it works for you then fine, but a smaller brush (for me) lacks the ability to push the product where I want it to go. I like the pressure I get with a larger brush ... this also helps to make maximum contact between product and nail plate thereby reducing the chance of any product lifting. But nothing is 'wrong' if it works and is safe.

geeg said:
Well indeed a smaller brush does hold less liquid, but so does a larger brush that has had the liquid squeezed out of it!! :D

If it works for you then fine, but a smaller brush (for me) lacks the ability to push the product where I want it to go. I like the pressure I get with a larger brush ... this also helps to make maximum contact between product and nail plate thereby reducing the chance of any product lifting. But nothing is 'wrong' if it works and is safe.

I found that I worked safer on myself with the smaller brush, I like the snap (think that is the right word) on my master's brush and the smaller brush did not have that. I just always assumed the bigger brush the better. I just think with my master's brush which is fairly new it is taking me some time to get my ratio spot on all the time.

when i converted to creative, i was given the pro styler in my kit, and have used nothing else - but was wondering whether to go for a bigger brush, but i am so used to my pro styler and love it to death (so much so that i bought an extra one), like has been said previous - if it works for you - then fine. think ill be sticking to my trusted little friend "my pro styler"

Peter Pan said:
when i converted to creative, i was given the pro styler in my kit, and have used nothing else - but was wondering whether to go for a bigger brush, but i am so used to my pro styler and love it to death (so much so that i bought an extra one), like has been said previous - if it works for you - then fine. think ill be sticking to my trusted little friend "my pro styler"

I had the same and then had an incident with my brush case and brought the master series instead and I am wondering if I would have been better off sticking with the "Pro styler" not sure I feel as happy with my master series brush.

HI,....but your Master series brush will have the Pro Styler brush head won't it?......therefore is the same...it just looks cooler!...and I love the feel of the aluminium handle and it tends to not get as messy as I used to get my crystal pro styler....It took me a while to get used to my Master series but now I wouldent use anything else........in fact I wish they would do it in more colours so I could get another.

izzidoll said:
HI,....but your Master series brush will have the Pro Styler brush head won't it?......therefore is the same...it just looks cooler!...and I love the feel of the aluminium handle and it tends to not get as messy as I used to get my crystal pro styler....It took me a while to get used to my Master series but now I wouldent use anything else........in fact I wish they would do it in more colours so I could get another.

Did not know that, just does not feel right yet (bad workman always blames his tools!!)

Latest posts

Back