Smart majority company

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlylou

Reaction score
Hi my cousin is interested in a beauty course and has a young child so time is precious and she has asked me if I had heard of the above for training beauty. I haven't. They told her she will get a level 2 certificate at the end of her training. Any ideas or advice for her plz. Thanks in advance.

I would seriously look into that before spending any money on it. Who is it accredited by (VTCT? AQA?) A level 2 what? BETC? NVQ? Some of these courses won't be accepted by governing bodies such as FHT / Beauty guild if they aren't recognised and you may find them hard to Insure too!

Also I always say don't scrimp on training, more is better than less! Having the time to develop your skills and have them evaluated is much better than only doing a short time as it gives you more time to really learn to do things well!

I would recommend looking at your local college and seeing if they do an evening or weekened course as most do and you can be sure that their courses are at a good professional level and are insurable!

Plus local colleges often have supported daycare facilities for people on low income (they will help pay for her child to go to nursery), learning support, libraries full of books to borrow and learn from and even help getting kit / uniform!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't read reviews before purchasing. Course with smarty majority and unfortunately trusted the miss leading information provided by them. I contacted smart majority to ask them about there certificates and if I can receive insurance ones completed training to start my own business.
They informed me that there certificates was recognised and I will be able to get insurance with the certificate provided.
I trusted this info given and purchase the course.

I looked around for insurance and unfortunately no insurance company will touch my certificate.
The tutures are useless and don't give you any help or support what so ever.

You can't pause the modules therefore if your battery died during a test it was use up the test attempt you only get 5 then you have to pay for reset the test as if £400 wasn't enough to pay for a training course you cant do anything with and to get alode of information you can Google for free any way.
Do not throw your MONEY away pay for a certified, accredited training company and get your moneys worth.

Latest posts

Back