So Called Creative Salon!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailfairy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks. xx
Im disgusted!! Had a lady come to me today from another salon not far from me, her nails were in a dreadfull state. I use Creative products myself and try to do so with the best care, cleanliness & professionalism I can. So it really angered me today when this poor lady came in with Onchylosis down most of the sidewalls, drill burns,broken nails(really low down) and with enhancements the thickness of wall tiles!!!
She has been going to this salon for 10 months and let me tell you shes charged a pretty penny for the priviledge!!! :eek:
Anyway they look a mess! I felt awfull for her because shes a lovely lady so I soaked them off gave a manicure,, lashings of solar oil.
Then she tols me that once at this other salon she had, had her nails taken off and a new set applied, they soaked them for around 10 mins and then... and i am guessing this is how the Onchoylisis was caused ripped them off with a metal object that she fitted under the enhancement and ripped off!!! :Scared: lady said she nearly passed out when they did it. I was shocked!!! I know this salon does use Creative and its P---ed me off really that they can use a top qaulity product then abuse the clients nails by pure ignorance in basic nailcare!! shes never been advised to use oil or anything.

Anyway lady is very happy and is coming to see me in 2 weeks so I can re-access and see where to go next
Just thought ide have a grumble and tell you all about it!!!
thanx

A new client for you, well done :!:

Cathy

Hi Nailfairy,

This sort of thing really angers me. Its unfortunatly something that other geeks will have encountered, as i myself have. But what can you do? I mean, if a salon says they use a certain brand of product, who are you to argue? You just take it at face value that what they are saying is true> But how can you stop salons like this advertising that they use creative, and displaying creative posters and marketting items, when you know full damn well that they dont.!!
I have experienced this myself and its very frustrating. A particular salon in mind supposedly uses creative, but when i got into a conversation with one of the girls who work there and i asked her if she used scrubfresh and other creative products, she replyed what are they?
What can be done, if anything, about these salons GMG?

nailfairy said:
Hi Geeks. xx

Then she tols me that once at this other salon she had, had her nails taken off and a new set applied, they soaked them for around 10 mins and then... and i am guessing this is how the Onchoylisis was caused ripped them off with a metal object that she fitted under the enhancement and ripped off!!! :Scared: lady said she nearly passed out when they did it.thanx

eurgh this turned my stomach when i read it! The same thing happened to one of my clients she had gel nails on and went to the salon and paid for them to be removed. She said it was total agony all they did was get cuticle nippers get a good grip on the nails and pull the gel off with half of her nail plate with it. It has taken ages for her nails to recover fully and she is totally put off having nails on.

they definatley do use Creative, a collegue of mine went in there for a nose, and they use Scrubfresh, twilight powders, mosiac etc...which i think makes it worse! why spend out on all that training, good qaulity products just to give your clients a second rate service! Then to have nails like that underneath the enhancements can make it look bad on the products used, even though we know it is a case of the BAD TECHNICIAN :evil: ...when she told me aaahhh i couldnt have sat there and let them do that to me .. unbelievable really. I could never put a client through that much pain just to get the enhancement off quicker, I bet it took half the nail plate with it..!!! yuk

I have had a similar thing happen.

Hi!
It makes me so sick to hear about all this ripping off/pulling off of nail extensions.The poor clients that have it dune to them make me :evil:i wouldn't want it dune to me and I WOULD NOT! do it to any off my clients sock and buff is the way to take off gel nail extensions!RIGHT! ! !
Little Angel said:
eurgh this turned my stomach when i read it! The same thing happened to one of my clients she had gel nails on and went to the salon and paid for them to be removed. She said it was total agony all they did was get cuticle nippers get a good grip on the nails and pull the gel off with half of her nail plate with it. It has taken ages for her nails to recover fully and she is totally put off having nails on.

I'd be suprised if they did a foundation course or a conversion course with creative to get their products!! More likely bought it all from E-bay and never did any training at all!! :evil:

Aspirations said:
I'd be suprised if they did a foundation course or a conversion course with creative to get their products!! More likely bought it all from E-bay and never did any training at all!! :evil:
Very good point there xxxx
I am sorry that this Lady had this happen to her, but hey where is her mouth, probably open in disbelieve..and totally speechless...

But if anyone took just one of my nails off like this , I would be out of there like shot.Gloopy melted mess or not and yes I would have plenty to say....... as for, drill burns,broken nails(really low down) and with enhancements the thickness of wall tiles, she really payed for that ????? The mind boggles.....

Nothing will ever change until Joanne public realizes, that they have the right to complain, they have the right to receive a damn descend service and they have the right to refuse payment if they are being bled dry (literally)....
I would ask for the accident book and have it noted that personal damage has occurred on their premises, and if they refuse I would then say, "if it wasn't an accident I take it you did this on purpose "...........So can I have your insurers details as I will be submitting a claim............

IMHO

Well, glad to know its not me!!! Phew....:p

I' m not near you!! .....lol

I dread that one day I have a client that is not happy who goes somewhere else and then read about it on this site!! ( I wonder if they would even admit it to themselves?!) Probably not, people like that obviously don't care about the job they are doing.

Please note however, that I do not do anything that bad. I am just tortured with a fear of lifting, odd bubbles and the time I take to get the damn things perfect.

It appauls me to hear that people call themselves Nail Technicians. There are so many cowboys out there it scares me.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Nothing will ever change until Joanne public realizes, that they have the right to complain, they have the right to receive a damn descend service and they have the right to refuse payment if they are being bled dry (literally)....
I would ask for the accident book and have it noted that personal damage has occurred on their premises, and if they refuse I would then say, "if it wasn't an accident I take it you did this on purpose "...........So can I have your insurers details as I will be submitting a claim............

IMHO

WELL SAID RUTH!!!! :D

Yes well said! But the only problem being is the general public may not realise that this is not the way it should be done! Manicures, enhancements, etc, even removals should be an enjoyable experience!

Luckily she came to you nailfairy. How many people have had their nails done, and found it painful or had their nails damaged and have been put off seeing another nail technician as they assume we are all the same???

suey said:
But the only problem being is the general public may not realise that this is not the way it should be done! Manicures, enhancements, etc, even removals should be an enjoyable experience!
That is exactly the thing Suey like she said to me today, shes never been anywhere else to know any different. When the girl RIPPED the nails off ,she did question it and her technician just replied "you do want them off dont you" !!
She also in the past said she had also wanted to have the odd one or two soaked off that felt abit 'not right' to be checked and the technician said "oh no there fine" . I could tell just from looking they were definatly NOT fine!
They have all their CND certificates on display, owner has also done masters. I personally think its more a case of back to back bookings & not enough time allowed for problems arising! I have had several people come to me from there but have to admit this is the most severe case I have seen.
Still keep on like this and i'll have back to back bookings!!

Latest posts

Back