So called professional has CUT my extensions out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikki201

Reaction score
I got Cinderella hair extensions in 2 months ago by a girl who's details I got from the Cinderella website. I wanted them out early so they were still in pretty good condition and not matted etc or knotted anywhere.

I have just had them taken out by the same girl, and after she left I noticed that she has cut a big section of my off at the back!!! I'm devastated... My hair is thin enough as it is! I txt her straight away and she at first said that she only used thinning scissors at the 'matted' bits... There were no matted bits in the slightest.. I have had many sets of extentions before so I know my stuff! I know how to look after them etc and as I say I only had them in for 2 months there is no way any cutting would have been needed at all!

She has told me that she will refund me half the money as a gesture of goodwill but she is saying my hair must have snapped and that there is no way this has been caused by her thinning scissors.. Why is the rest of my hair ok except for a large section at the one bit?! It's obvious this has been her fault but she is not admitting to it what will I do? I feel she needs to own up to her mistake this is an outrage! I'm getting married in a few months and I could honestly just cry my eyes out!

I got Cinderella hair extensions in 2 months ago by a girl who's details I got from the Cinderella website. I wanted them out early so they were still in pretty good condition and not matted etc or knotted anywhere.

I have just had them taken out by the same girl, and after she left I noticed that she has cut a big section of my off at the back!!! I'm devastated... My hair is thin enough as it is! I txt her straight away and she at first said that she only used thinning scissors at the 'matted' bits... There were no matted bits in the slightest.. I have had many sets of extentions before so I know my stuff! I know how to look after them etc and as I say I only had them in for 2 months there is no way any cutting would have been needed at all!

She has told me that she will refund me half the money as a gesture of goodwill but she is saying my hair must have snapped and that there is no way this has been caused by her thinning scissors.. Why is the rest of my hair ok except for a large section at the one bit?! It's obvious this has been her fault but she is not admitting to it what will I do? I feel she needs to own up to her mistake this is an outrage! I'm getting married in a few months and I could honestly just cry my eyes out!

Sorry, couldn't help laugh at the outage bit but I can sympathise. I would get in contact with the company and ask what they suggest you do. Xoxo

Lol you have just made me laugh which is an improvement on how I've been feeling for the past hour!! Yes I will defo do this

Omg I've just noticed another bit at the side :( :( :(

Take pictures of UR hair and the damage u can seek advice as u can take her to court and her insurance should pay out

Thanks, yes I have taken lots of pictures, I think this will probably just cost me more money in the long run to take her to court though wont it?

It will cost u at 1st but u my get a good pay out after if she is insured

Omg that's awful! Have you shown anyone pics on here? X

This really boils my p*** fair enough she made a mistake but the first thing you suggest is get a claim in !!! This is the reason small businesses struggle because of things like this instead of wacking a claim in how about ask her to come back and discuss/show her your problem and ask her how she plans to rectify it !!! X

Take pictures of UR hair and the damage u can seek advice as u can take her to court and her insurance should pay out

Lets hope you never have someone jump to suing you at the first sign of something wrong. That attitude is precisely what's wrong in the world and why we are all paying out loads for insurance and bending over backwards to satisfy their conditions.

OP, having had a major hair disaster last year and having to get ALL my hair chopped into a pixie cut, I totally sympathise with you and suggest you go back to the stylist in question and see what she says. I'd also pop into a reputable salon and ask them advice on the cut etc and if they can offer you any advice. I could have sued but that wouldn't of fixed my hair so I was happy with a refund and a lot of treatments!

Suing should only be considered in extreme circumstances and not just a knee jerk flashing pound signs response.

after 2 months surely you needed a cut? even a slight trim....

i dunno how you expected it to be in exactly the same condition your hair was in the first place, surely by having them in past you also are aware of how the hair can weaken a shed after prolonged usage aswel. stress is also a major factor with hair loss.(wedding, maidzillas ....oooh yikes- hair pulling stuff!). Also with hair thinning scissors i find it hair to grab a clump of hair to whad out iygwim....? pics perhaps- to show what you mean?

In the meantime, stop panicing it can be rectified, without looking at it i would suggest you get some protopak/ to strenghen your hair and some leave in instacure to help build your hair back up. xoxo

Theden... Can I explain to you that I am a beauty professional with my own business.. I am not out to put claims in for cash rewards.

I have spent the last hour arguing with this girl who says that she never cut them out.. My hair must be weak.. Only to raid my bin and find whole extentions.. CUT at the roots.. They have not even got any marks on them that would indicate she has tried to break the extention with the pliers.. Just a blunt cut where she used her scissors.. So yes I am extremely agry with her.. She had absolutely NO care or consideration for my hair whatsoever.. So why should I for her?

Wonder Woman.. As I say I have had these in many times and my hair has always been fine after removed.. This is not a slight bit of damage.. Or thinning or breakage.. She has actually taken the extention and cut my own hair to get it out! Leaving me with about an inch of my own hair left.. That's not normal.. Someone who does hair extentions please back me up!! I paid hundreds of pounds.. Went on to a reputable site.. One of the top hair extention brands in my opinion.. I feel I did everything I could to ensure my hair was in good hands and I'm left with stumps over my head cry cry cry.. Anyway.. I'm not moaning bout it anymore.. He has offered me a refund.. If I could get pics up to show you I would but my Internet is slow at the mo

I have tried to upload a pic I hope it worked...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 304
I know :( I'm lying in bed wide awake in shock lol... That's not right!

That is unbelievable :(

I think the first thing to do is to not panic, or do anything hasty.
Contact Cinderella and ask what their procedure is for dealing with complaints about the services provided by one of their practitioners.
Wait for their reply.
In the meantime go and see an independent extensionist and ask for their assessment of the hair. Do not mention anything about who/where you had this done, or the circumstances. Let them tell you what they think. Take a witness. Make notes.
Ask them to take photos. They may refuse because they may feel it gets them getting involved. You may have to pay for an independent assessment. Get a receipt.

Write a letter, recorded delivery, to this girl with the photos.
Be factual, no opinions, but you can tell her that this was not what you expected of the treatment.
Ask her for her insurance details and then correspond only with the insurance company.
Do not text/phone or otherwise contact her after you have involved the insurance company.
I wouldn't advise trying to "sue" her. All the money in the world will not make your hair grow faster.
I'm guessing that what you really want is your hair in good nick for your wedding. Any financial compensation may be able to pay for new extensions.

Take a deep breath and stay calm. Your hair will grow back!

Thank you so much Lynne. I am starting to see thing much clearer today.. I was in a total panic last night! I will have a consultation booked in for Saturday with a salon I've been to before who do great lengths and they were very professional etc I would trust them with my hair. I wish I had just gone back to them.. shoulda woulda coulda!! If I can get more extensions fitted then that will help while my own hair grows out.

The girl has now offered me a full refund. Do you think I should just accept this? Or do you think I should decline and do what you advised above and go through insurance companies etc? I really just want more extensions to help disguise this mess, but I also feel that what she has done needs to be reported to maybe prevent this happening again to some other unsuspecting person.

I think you should still ask for her insurance details. Be prepared to pay out for new extensions until the insurance company has completed its investigations.
You may need further treatments to restore your hair and if you accept a refund now you will likely lose any entitlement to recompense.
You should also contact Cinderella so that they can conduct their own investigation.

Latest posts

Back