So flippin' annoyed...dark to light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moobar

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client that has been coming to me for a while now and she is one of theses ppl that you wish you had never met... anyway...
She wanted to be taken from dark to light which was a nightmare in itself as she totally un realistic results in her head. After a hard and long consultation we managed to agree lol I got her to see what she was wanting was never going to happen and she said she would go with what I sugested (finally) anyway I did this col correction and got her to a lovely warn blond that really suited her. She did like it but it wasn't as light as what she wanted but agreed it was very nice :-/ I advised her how to look after it etc and advised on products but she wasn't interested. she called to see me the other day after being away for 2 weeks and her her is a mess, she's not looked after it at all, she has an inch and half re growth, her colour is all over. She made another app so i could do her 'roots' (inch and half, yeh right) and the col and cbd. Then rang me yesterday to ask how much it would be then said she couldn't afford it and she wants it cheeper and cant understand why it was that price. I went on to explain and she was just 'oh right it doesn't matter then'. Now she will walk about looking like that and i'm so annoyed with her. After all the time and care I put into it (like every client) she wrecks my work and is not interested in the up keep etc etc.
Sorry to ramble on but she has really miffed me off. I know ppl can be like this but I actually haven't had one pee me off like her lol.

and breathe......... :)

Thanks for reading xxx

Hi all

I have a client that has been coming to me for a while now and she is one of theses ppl that you wish you had never met... anyway...
She wanted to be taken from dark to light which was a nightmare in itself as she totally un realistic results in her head. After a hard and long consultation we managed to agree lol I got her to see what she was wanting was never going to happen and she said she would go with what I sugested (finally) anyway I did this col correction and got her to a lovely warn blond that really suited her. She did like it but it wasn't as light as what she wanted but agreed it was very nice :-/ I advised her how to look after it etc and advised on products but she wasn't interested. she called to see me the other day after being away for 2 weeks and her her is a mess, she's not looked after it at all, she has an inch and half re growth, her colour is all over. She made another app so i could do her 'roots' (inch and half, yeh right) and the col and cbd. Then rang me yesterday to ask how much it would be then said she couldn't afford it and she wants it cheeper and cant understand why it was that price. I went on to explain and she was just 'oh right it doesn't matter then'. Now she will walk about looking like that and i'm so annoyed with her. After all the time and care I put into it (like every client) she wrecks my work and is not interested in the up keep etc etc.
Sorry to ramble on but she has really miffed me off. I know ppl can be like this but I actually haven't had one pee me off like her lol.

and breathe......... :)

Thanks for reading xxx

those clients are the WORST! lol its a nightmare, they make your work look really bad. it is so fustrating that you spent all that time on her hair and she didnt bother to look after it make you wonder what goes on in peoples minds sometimes. i think a lot of it now days has to do with with the syupid adverts on tele saying you do unbelevable things to your hair with a box dye, it makes me so mad. people now think its a case of putting on one colour or just wacking on bleach and there hair will go whatever shade they want! xx

Totally agree, i was reading your thread thinking it sound exactly like one of my clients. people like these come to you thinking we are miracle workers. I said to my husband the other day, i wish everyone was trained in hair as they would all understand! :) x

These are the people who think because it's a professional service that the perfect finish should last with no effort or aftercare at all, really peeves me! Just forget the them! Xoxo

In our salons we quote for colour correction including full homecare. It's not an option. If they don't want it done at the price we quote, we'll explore cheaper options, but we never miss off the homecare. We'd rather lose the sale than have a client with half-baked hair walking around telling her friends and other stylists that it was done courtesy of us. Our reputation isn't worth it.

We also quote for the worst case scenario too. Say, £190 to go from light brown to level 9 in one step including homecare. If any steps aren't needed, such as the second toner or the third lightening stage, we let the client know and we reduce their bill accordingly.

Clients who have been quoted £190 worst case scenario and end up paying £160 on the day are really happy clients. Especially when they get home and wash their hair with a product that transforms it! ;)

Maybe something to think about doing in your salon to avoid a repeat of the above? Trust me, it really works well. :)

Latest posts

Back