So many cancellations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnia Macon

Reaction score
I've been having a ton of cancellations, any tips to help with this issue?

Deposits, cancellation fees these all seem to work. People don't want to cancel so easily when they have to pay for it

Deposits, cancellation fees these all seem to work. People don't want to cancel so easily when they have to pay for it
thanks I will try these out.

Try Ovatu booking system. It automatically sends out email confirmations, text reminders etc and has cut down on a huge amount of potential no shows for me. Also you can book online and have a deposit system in place too xx

Try Ovatu booking system. It automatically sends out email confirmations, text reminders etc and has cut down on a huge amount of potential no shows for me. Also you can book online and have a deposit system in place too xx
Thanks, will google them

Don't get too disheartened. It's a lot to do with the time of year. People find the bad weather or the fact that they have overstretched themselves at Christmas a good enough reason to cancel appointments. Unfortunately they do it at the last minute. I haven't started taking deposits yet, because I don't do online booking, so I find it hard to put that in place, however I have put a sign on reception, on my price lists and on the reminder text alerts that 24 hours is needed otherwise they will be charged 50% of their treatment…it has helped and I have noticed a massive difference in last minute cancellations. Don't let them get you down!

Don't get too disheartened. It's a lot to do with the time of year. People find the bad weather or the fact that they have overstretched themselves at Christmas a good enough reason to cancel appointments. Unfortunately they do it at the last minute. I haven't started taking deposits yet, because I don't do online booking, so I find it hard to put that in place, however I have put a sign on reception, on my price lists and on the reminder text alerts that 24 hours is needed otherwise they will be charged 50% of their treatment…it has helped and I have noticed a massive difference in last minute cancellations. Don't let them get you down!
Thanks for the encouragement and insight Ruby.

This topic is the Bain of my life, I have been doing beauty for over 20 years and have never had so many cancellations / no shows as I have had in the last few months, it makes my blood boil that people couldn't care less. Facials are the worse people think it's a nice idea when booking then when it comes to it they see it as too much so cancel at the last minute. I have said now I am going to take a £10 non refundable deposit ( for big treatment times) and get some leaflets printed to state the cancellation policy, I know non refundable is quite harsh but I know everyone always pulls the I'm sick, my kids are sick, my dog is sick card all the time!! Does anybody else have this way of doing it? Any ideas appreciated Thankyou !!

Yes I agree with @JJH93, deposit and fees seem efficient.
You can also use some software that allows you to track appointments history. If you notice that a customer is regularly cancelling her appointments you can send her a message to remind her your cancellation policies (maybe a fee?).

I have a two strike approach which some have suggested. I can do online bookings with google integration (I made my own so if you have google calendar on your smart phone, it will add it automagically on your agenda and pester you with reminders when the time cometh to receive the nail treatment) but taking partial payment for booking online might put off some clients IMO.

Latest posts

Back