So much to do...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivone

Reaction score
With my beauty room within a gym due to open next month I am getting very excited, nervous, scared and scatty (all at once).

I'm excited for obvious reasons - new business venture etc

I'm nervous and scared as its been a while since I had new clients (only been doing family and friends at a hop and a catch while pregnant recently and I'm worried I'll not be of a good standard)

I'm scatty because I'm printing off all the leaflets, business cards, record cards and price lists myself (brought a new printer recently so getting my monies worth out of it) and I'm wondering if I've got everything.

Any advice or kind words of encouragement would be grateful lol :)

You'l be fine hun. I was in the same position when I started renting my room. I hadn't worked in a salon for a year just did friends and family in the evenings whilst i was an Estate Agent! (lol had a bit of a career change when I lost my confidence in doing treatments after a run in with my old boss) When I started back in my own place it felt great. Just make sure you are really friendly and chatty. It was nerve racking the first few new clients but just pretend your confident even if you don't really feel it underneath and then after a short while you'l believe that you are anyway.

Just enjoy being your own boss!

Lily

good luck with your room,ive just opened a waxing studio,in the basement of a hairdressers, the 3 best peices of advice that i can think of are
1 stay possitive , i know thats hard, just dont except full books in the first week,
2 every job must be your best, because i really believe in word of mouth
3 take cash and get plenty of change, because they all want to pay with a twenty pound note
and this is my favourite quote from the film american beauty
in order to be successful,one must always project an image of successfulness
i never tell clients i have nobody booked in, i always pretend i can just fit them in
enjoy you are your own boss, and it feels fab
let me know how it all goes hxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back