Soaking with Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiki-uk

Reaction score
Does anyone soak the feet as part of a proper pedicure when doing Gelish/gel polish?
I was taught not to but I know others that do.
Alternatively does anybody do a soak, exfoliate and hard skin removal AFTER the Gelish application? :)

I'm interested to know opinions on this too as I was also taught not to but know of people that do! X

I was taught never to soak prior to gel polish application although I wasn't trained with Gelish.
If a client wanted a full/luxury pedicure I'd soak briefly afterwards

I'm thinking I'll go with that option. If I went for a pedicure I would want gel but I would also want them scrubbed and made to look flipflop acceptable, lol. I wouldn't care what way round it was done either! :)

When applying any gel polish, it's best to apply first, then do the pedicure after. If the nails are not properly dry throughout, the gel application won't work.

If it's a gel removal pedicure I'll use my wee nail care machine on the hard skin whilst the gel soaks off. Then remove gel, then soak the feet, exfoliate, cuticles, filing, gel polish back on, then finally massage.

I ensure the nails are thoroughly dried and ph bond should dehydrate the nails enough to ensure no lifting etc. Xx

Another vote for pedi after gel polish here [emoji3]

I'd never soak prior to gel polish application. After care is no prolonged soaking of nails.....they are porous and absorbs water.

I do pedi after gel application x

I have to say I do gel polish after pedi n soak....just because it makes it much easier to cut n file toe nails...but I do the massage and cream after...I have never had a problem with it lifting of coming off and it has always lasted x

In our salon we do it after but we dry & dehydrate nail before application & do the massage after x

There's 5 of us that do same & never any lifting x

Latest posts

Back