Social media slating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckismassage

Reaction score
Hiya
Just wondering how to deal with when someone on social media decides to comment on your photo of your work and slate it when they have no experience at all?

I had someone whom I have never met, let alone treated, comment on one of my photos saying if she had them done she wouldn't have paid me and that iv just polished the nails badly and not done any prep. Now I know everyone's entitled to their opinion but I know that I done all what she said I didn't. Its really upset me because my work isn't perfect by any means but I know iv seen alot worse and don't see anyone telling them their work is rubbish.

How do you deal with this? It's really knocked my confidence :-(

Thanks x

Tell them "I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but please let me know before leaving my place. I care for my clients and I want them to be pleased with my services."

She wasn't a client though that's what's annoyed me aswell, she's never been to me just felt the need to judge my work. She said putting pictures of my work up like this to expect negative criticism.

But either way, your response to this person's bad review should be made to show other clients that you care. Even if you know that this person has never been at your place, you should play it cool and let them know that customer happiness is important to you. If she commented on one of your photos, cant you delete the comment?

Yes I have deleted the comment and removed her from my business page as she's not the type of client I would like. At first it was a "sorry but I don't like them" I said everyone has an opinion and that's ok. Then came the they aren't done properly blah blah. I asked her if she was qualified and her response was no but she had been having her nails done several years. She kept apologising but carrying on the tirade lol.

Oh my...I completelly understand, and that is the worst. I'm a barber, and after every cut I ask clients how do they like the work. If they are not pleased, I ask them right away what they dislike about it, and I fix my mistakes. If a person goes and rants latter on, I know that they're doing this to discourage other clients from coming in.

All I can say is, show your other clients that you care :) Keep your head up!

My client was happy I always check before they leave aswell. She's a regular aswell. I just hope she didn't see the comments from the other woman because it might discourage her from coming back. Thank you for your replies. I feel a bit better about it now.

Ignore the troll. Delete, block and forget about her. As long as your client was happy x

Latest posts

Back