Soooo confused about training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mooie

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm totally new to the world of nails and I'm sooo confused by all the training you have been discussing here, l&p, masters, NVQ etc etc

I have completed a manicure and pedicure course and just about to start a Nail Technician course.

Please could someone explain what all these training terms are and at what stage should someone take these kind of training courses?

Thanks a mil
Amanda

hi

l&p is liquid and powder (acrylic)
nvq is national vocation qualification
masters is a creative nail design qualification
hop this is what were looking for and helps a bit

When you start with a nail tech course you start with the foundation course normally 4/5 days depending on which company. Then you undertake any areas that need to be worked on, with creative this is the skills building classes, when you think you have mastered your rebalcing and prefered system then you go or your masters qualifications, it starts with premasters which is theory based, then you do a tips and troubleshooting session then the masters class in your system then the rebalance masters and then the masters qualification day.

so lots of classes whcih can take a long time to complete. There are also demonstration classes and mentoring classes where they run classes on different systems and things such as shape and design.

I cant speak for other companies but i am sure their education system is just as intense.

HTH

Hi Amanda

Lucia is talking about company based learning, which is great. But it sounds like you may have done college courses?

It might be a bit time consuming but I do think it is worth your while searching for all the training threads on here. You will probably get so much info your head will be spinning! Let it soak in, call a couple of companies and colleges, get brochurs etc. I'm sure you'll eventually have a good idea of what's right for you

Hi Thanks for the all the info,

i have read a lot of the threads here about training and you're right my head was certainly spinning!! :) Thats why i just had to ask the question.

I did my manicure and pedicure training with Pronails and I'm doing my foundation course with Associate Nails which is 4 full days over 4 weeks.

So I guess I'm on the right track by the sounds of your advice and just need to progress my training with the right company and system I feel happiest with.

Thanks
Amanda
x x

Latest posts

Back