sore hands L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi guys
i have eczema and ive just started using L&P. teh product doesnt touch me so doesnt irritate, but the filing dust is making my hands sore-what can i do to help this? im allergic to latex so cannot wear gloves- i would hate to have to give it up because of my skin!

looby4444 said:
hi guys
i have eczema and ive just started using L&P. teh product doesnt touch me so doesnt irritate, but the filing dust is making my hands sore-what can i do to help this? im allergic to latex so cannot wear gloves- i would hate to have to give it up because of my skin!

can you wear nitrile gloves - I read that you shouldn't wear latex gloves when using l&p anyway bcause it can break down with the products you use. Nitrile is synthetic

Loo, hi,

I'm an excema sufferer too, and ocassionally have irritation, no matter how small the ammount of dust there is.
I have loads of nitrile gloves, if you want to try some, pm me with your address and I will send some to you.

Christine

I don't know much about your condition, other than it can make life a misery so have a hug first :hug:

Is there any type of barrier hand cream you could use to minimise the effects at all - obviously it would need to be a non-greasy one or all the bits will stick to it, but is there anything your Doctor can recommend?

Hope you find a solution soon

Christine G said:
Loo, hi,

I'm an excema sufferer too, and ocassionally have irritation, no matter how small the ammount of dust there is.
I have loads of nitrile gloves, if you want to try some, pm me with your address and I will send some to you.

Christine
That's a lovely offer and a great idea - I know there are latex free gloves as I used to work as an analytical chemist and that's wha we used, because I think quite a lot of people can suffer from allergy to latex. Hope you sort something out soon. xx

I have ezcema too mainly on my face its a nightmare filing dust plays havoc with it i use a barrier cream smoother my face with it and one i have finished i wash it off and apply my proper creams it helps alot!

I dont know how it would work with your hands tho might be worth a try

thanks everyone

gonna try the gloves as christines gonna send me some (thanks hun ur a star!) and then go from there-hopefully will be ok

its gotta work cos im only doing mobile at the mo-if im doing em all day when i get a job in a salon ill be stuck-and theres no way im giving up!!!

gonna ask my doc about the cream too!

Make sure you keep changing your desk towel and use a soft brush to dust it away form you, i used to get irtation from the dut but now i sculpt with my brush beter so dont get as much filing, hope the gloves work.

Latest posts

Back