spa body course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilyboo14

Reaction score
hi, im thinking about doing a spa body course with the beauty academy, i was wondering how easy it would be to do the treatments mobile? It is body wraps, back exfoliation and self tanning. would i have to take a table with me etc. does anybody else do stuff like this mobile?

if you were doing exfoliation in someone's home, you'd have to lay stuff down on the floor otherwise you could tread it into the carpet. I've used a plastic sheet that you use for body wraps on the floor.

depends on what type of body wraps you are doing, is it the bandages or paste or gel? I use algae gel (from HOF) and its geared towards places that don't have shower facilities, so you use a hot flannel to wipe it off.

Yes you would have to take your bed.

im not sure what type of body wrap, it just said inch loss and cellulite reduction.do you find it fairly easy to do it mobile?

to be honest, I wouldn't do it mobile.

If I do the gel algae wrap, it involves 4 bath sheets on the couch, a foil sheet and a plastic sheet.
I heat the gel up (you could ask your client for a jug of hot water).
I then wipe the excess off with steamed mitts, but before I had a towel cabi I used to have a washing bowl of hot water with 2 flannels in.

its feasible to do, but hard work for you with the set up and clear up time.

i also give the clients a disposable bra and thong to wear.
the gel wrap I decant into 2 small plastic bottles with flip lid, so that I'm not carrying a litre bottle around with me.

Before I apply the gel wrap, I apply an algae exfoliation cream, this again can be removed with hot flannels, but recently I've been applying it thinner and brushing the excess off, but it does make a bit of a mess on the floor (I've got lino at my place so sweep it up when client has gone).

thanks alot or your replys. i'll think about what you have said before i do the course. i dont want to do it and then realise afterwards that its not a good idea for mobile.

I try and book and have a treatment before I do the training to see what its like and what equipment is needed, etc.

im not sure what type of body wrap, it just said inch loss and cellulite reduction.do you find it fairly easy to do it mobile?

With regard to the body wrap... it's quite likely this one

Buy Body Contour Wrap Total Treatment Kit from Beauty Express

It might be a good idea to check with the training company whether or not you need a massage qualification or A&P to do this course. I would have thought so :hug:

Also, for the back treatment, I would imagine you'll need to invest in some facial products, a mask kit and possibly a steamer.

Hth

Latest posts

Back