Split ends and breakage please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymanager

Reaction score
Hi guys

I really need some advice! When I was pregnant 2 years ago my hair grew so long thick and healthy! The best it's ever been, 2 years on and my hair is literally snapping off and I have so many split ends more then I've ever had in my life! The whole layer of my hair at the nape of my neck is 3 inches long?? I rarely use straighteners like 1-2 Per month I blow dry occasionally not much! I box dye my hair 3 times a YEAR that's it! I don't get it? I've had this routine for years nothing has changed so why the sudden breakage?

I had my hair trimmed in august (was really overdue) I asked her to take a good few inches off as it had been so long since my last trim she did and it looked healthy. I went back 6 weeks later she did a smaller trim the following week I noticed split ends so went back after 4 weeks saw even more after! So I went to a different hairdresser had MORE cut off now it's literally breaking away with every brush 😩😩

I went to the doctors as hormones checked etc all fine? Any ideas please help my hair that took 6 years to grow to my back is now back up to my ears! X

Sometimes after you have a baby it can take 2-3 yrs for hair to recover, more so If you breast fed, as all your nutrients will go to baby.

Have you changed shampoo and conditioner? If not, it maybe time for a change, if yes, what too?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

The cause for my brittle, breaking hair was radiotherapy post op in October 2013. My hairdresser suggested I buy Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and I am glad I did. Google it and see for yourself. I've used it for a few months now and my hair is shiny, smooth, no longer brittle and most of my split ends are gone - my hair is in its late 60s!

Came across this and hope it will help you http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4430/What-hair-tells-health.html from split ends ..... with suggestions.

Last edited:
The cause for my brittle, breaking hair was radiotherapy post op in October 2013. My hairdresser suggested I buy Pro Naturals Hair Repair System and I am glad I did. Google it and see for yourself. I've used it for a few months now and my hair is shiny, smooth, no longer brittle and most of my split ends are gone - my hair is in its late 60s!

Are you a rep lin?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

No, not a rep. I am a semi-retired 70 year old and I do freelance patent research.

Last edited:
I've googled it , reviews say it's not worth buying!!

Its really weird as they're is 2 geeks on here that always recommend same products monsia skin products and pro naturals hair pair
Just saying:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If im jumping to conclusions please excuse me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

when i asked a hairdresser ages ago about split ends they recommended a moisturising shampoo

i think its rare to find ppl with no split ends its just some hair disguises it better

How's your diet? Maybe try some vitamins. Also ive noticed people with ibs and other stomach problems sometimes seem to have problems with their hair

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I've googled it , reviews say it's not worth buying!!

Funny, so did I and I got good reviews. Must be I am using wrong search engines or keywords.

Latest posts

Back