spoon shaped nails....manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beck

Arty geek
Reaction score
i guys....i came across a new one today....spoon shaped nails...seriously spooned!!! i was a bit taken aback actually because they were affected so badly...but stayed professional and did the best i could...rather than saying what i was thinking...'what the hell am i going to do with those!!!!'

anyway...this guy wants...and his wife agrees...some regular manicures to try and make them look better...i did explain that i am not going to be able to do anything about the way in which his nails grow...and feel as though i shouldn't charge as much as i reguarly would as he obviuosly doesn't have any polish applied and he is a builder so not really bothered with exfoliators and moisturisers...although i did use them this time (it was his wedding today so wanted to make the effort)

but my Q is what do you do with the nails...i gave them a gentle buff with a koala and good ole solar oil....but...can any one offer any pearls of wisdom on looking after such nails...what i should and shouldn't do would help...any advice would help!!

thanks
Becks

Hi
Hope this helps. Spoon nail can be caused by iron deficency. Your client is possibly anaemic. Advise client to visit GP so his GP can remedy his condition.
A manicure can be given as normal.

Anna aka Tiakayla:Grope:

Hi,
Also spoon shaped nails ( Koilonychia ) are due to an accumulationof cells under the fee edge. They sometimes occur in people who have an over-active thyroid gland.
Again i hope this helps

tiakayla said:
Hi
Hope this helps. Spoon nail can be caused by iron deficency. Your client is possibly anaemic. Advise client to visit GP so his GP can remedy his condition.
A manicure can be given as normal.

yeh...sorrryy ...i should have mentioned that i asked whether he is anaemic or has been to see the doc about it....yes has has asked the doc....definatley not anaemic....most probably genetic...bother and dad and sis (sis not as bad as the lads in the family) but all have the same prob...so basically nothing to be done about it...just wondering what to do for the best to make him feel a bit better

his nails caused his lots of embarrasment when he was younger...doean't let it bother him so much now...but still anything i can do ...i would like to so any info would help me

didn;t know about the thyroid galnd having anything to do with it...i may have to look into that..cheers

thanks for your reply Anna...it was a brill answer all the same babe

Hi
Iv also had a client with spoon nail she was anaemic.
The only thing i can suggest is cut nail short as possible that will make it less noticable.
Also as he cant wear colour polish quite understandable i think as his male lol.
But try buffing the nail as u prob do anyway then applie a coat of clear coat if he doesnt mind.
This will reflect and again make the bend less noticable.
Otherwise theres nothing you can do as far as i know.

Glad to be of assistance
Anna :Grope:

Latest posts

Back