Spots on upper arms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Sorry if i have bought this thread back up, however i have these lumps on my arms now. They came up this morning so quick and by tonight they are very large bumps.
I started body brushing a week ago and exfoilated today, could it be anything to do with the exfoilation or would they have appeared anyway.

Thanks for you help in advance

I have KP on my arms, and legs. Hereditary in my family.

KP flare ups can also be caused from caesin found in diary (as I recently learnt on my Nutrition course).

Over the years have tried many things and what has worked for me is frequent exfoliation using AHAs. Body moisturiser with AHAs and UREA.

I use KP Duty from the States, its by DERMdoctor - Dermatologist recommended skin care products and skin health information. | DERMAdoctor

KP Duty™ is a concentrated treatment with:
Glycolic Acid - Powerful skin smoothing AHA
Sodium Glycolate
- Glycolic Acid salt, buffered to prevent irritation
Green Tea
- Botanical antioxidant powerhouse contains EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) to soothe and calm the skin
Urea
- Dermatologist recommended humectant
Sodium Hyaluronic - Potent hydrating agent
Dimethicone
- Barrier/occlusive agent - reduces moisture evaporation

id be surprised if anyone could help me with this but worth a try, i have for years now suffered with goose pimple like pimples on my upper arms, they feel rough to the touch and look reddy - anything out there to get rid of them?
theyre so ugly!:rolleyes:

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! And use a moisturiser on that area that contains salacylic acid. Worked for me!

Keratosis Pilaris can also flare up as a result of low humidity, after extensive sun exposure (especially after holidays abroad or using uv cabinets) or a diet lacking in essential fatty acids.

My Boyfriends sister suffers from this and someone told her it was Dairy products that caused it.

She has stopped having dairy in her diet and after 3 days of cutting it out, it has just about gone!!

this is a really common condition. It can have 'family tendencies', I advise salicylic washes and exfoliation. Microdermabrasion can also alleviate greatly. X

Latest posts

Back