Spray tan advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opal

Reaction score
Hey i have not been on here much in the last few years but have had lots going on :-(
i have always wanted to try spray tanning and years ago i looked into Vani t not finding much info on them nowadays ?
my daughter has had a few siennax tans not overly impressed and also fed up with being let down at the last minute has made me decide to start up my own little spray tan business something i should have done years ago !
My daughter is a cheerleader and they all like a good tan for competitions so im hoping to get some of my clients that way
ive looked at nouvotan for the training as the certificate allows you to use other brands and wont leave me stuck to one brand
equipment !! do buy the set from nouvotan or as i wont be a big outfit as it will take time to build up so what would be the best machine to get as im unsure so any advise would be appreciated
thank you xx Dawn xxx

Hey i have not been on here much in the last few years but have had lots going on :-(
i have always wanted to try spray tanning and years ago i looked into Vani t not finding much info on them nowadays ?
my daughter has had a few siennax tans not overly impressed and also fed up with being let down at the last minute has made me decide to start up my own little spray tan business something i should have done years ago !
My daughter is a cheerleader and they all like a good tan for competitions so im hoping to get some of my clients that way
ive looked at nouvotan for the training as the certificate allows you to use other brands and wont leave me stuck to one brand
equipment !! do buy the set from nouvotan or as i wont be a big outfit as it will take time to build up so what would be the best machine to get as im unsure so any advise would be appreciated
thank you xx Dawn xxx

Hi Dawn,

Yes you should start spray tanning its an excellent way to make more money especially during the summer. There are multiple brands to go to for training not just one specific brand example: whitetobrown, Fake Bake, St Tropez. Look around for the best price and courses also being honest I have trained with literally EVERY brand and they are all the same.

Hi Dawn,

Yes you should start spray tanning its an excellent way to make more money especially during the summer. There are multiple brands to go to for training not just one specific brand example: whitetobrown, Fake Bake, St Tropez. Look around for the best price and courses also being honest I have trained with literally EVERY brand and they are all the same.
Can I ask why you have trained with EVERY brand?

Can I ask why you have trained with EVERY brand?

Yes absolutely! I love spray tanning and wanted to see what EVERY brand had to offer so I could make a better decision when it comes to chemicals and clients skin disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema ect.:p

Ash I see you help a lot of people.
I've contacted both sienna x and nouvatan in regards to training.
My next step is deciding on a kit... Do you recommend one? Buying a complete kit from a retailer, or getting all separately and browsing myself? Tia

Ash I see you help a lot of people.
I've contacted both sienna x and nouvatan in regards to training.
My next step is deciding on a kit... Do you recommend one? Buying a complete kit from a retailer, or getting all separately and browsing myself? Tia

Hi, Yes that's so nice thanks for thinking of me!
I personally of all the courses I've done(loads) LOL, I would buy a kit from Amazon or Salon Services and Price them first get the best price!
I would recommend you buy a HVLP machine as these are high quality and get a full body tan done in 10 mins.
You can use any tanning solution with any machine
All tan solutions are different... I love Whitetobrown and it looks so natural and smells gorgeous! Sienna X and Fakebake are quite orange, But all you need is the training you don't have to use the Sienna X or Nouvatan solution its the training you want!

Also I have bought kits from Salon Services and Amazon and they are exactly the same quality and brand new! The price however was drastic in difference!

That's really really helpful thank you so much.
Through my research and asking people their preferences it's a toss up for nouvatan, Morrocan and now whitetobrown :)
Thank you again

Glad I could help!
It's always great to have options!
Are you a hairdresser or beautician?

Neither !! I'm a nurse.
Looking to branch out in other areas. Possibly aesthetics one day too

The reason I was asking is cause if you have a trade card for Salon Services the products are cheaper! But you could probably get all your stuff on Amazon?
Keep going it's Exciting!! Good Luck!:D

Ah thank you so much!

Ah thank you so much!

ALSO I just remembered!
Definitely buy your spray tan tent on Amazon! Salon Services and other wholesale beauty places charger €100 I got it on Amazon for €35!!
Would you like the link?

I've always found salon services expensive and not top quality.
I'd personally check out the trade sites as there are lots of offers

I have to say, I bought I cheap setup off amazon, spraytan pro I think..... for 79 quid...... I personally didnt like it the spray area was small..... so I decided to get the sunjunkie machine ..... brilliant it was mid range at 299 but fantastic, I also use LA Tan solution which I get on with really well....and my clients love it...... however I'm thinking outside the box and going to invest in different brands of solution for different skin tones etc, just need to do a bit more research, probably fake bake, St Tropez, not sure yet..
But I can defo recommend the sunjunkie one and the LA Tan, it's about XX quid off ebay for a litre, and before anyone says don't buy off ebay, LA Tan actually have an ebay shop xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say, I bought I cheap setup off amazon, spraytan pro I think..... for 79 quid...... I personally didnt like it the spray area was small..... so I decided to get the sunjunkie machine ..... brilliant it was mid range at 299 but fantastic, I also use LA Tan solution which I get on with really well....and my clients love it...... however I'm thinking outside the box and going to invest in different brands of solution for different skin tones etc, just need to do a bit more research, probably fake bake, St Tropez, not sure yet..
But I can defo recommend the sunjunkie one and the LA Tan, it's about XX quid off ebay for a litre, and before anyone says don't buy off ebay, LA Tan actually have an ebay shop xxxxxxx

You just know someone will say not to buy online :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You just know someone will say not to buy online :confused:

I completely agree. I bought my machine and tent online and I love it! As long as you do your research then online is usually a lot cheaper!

Hi Ash, I've seen you have been giving out advice on spray tanning and just wondered if I could ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind? At the moment I do mobile beauty on the side including spray tanning but wanting to make it a more permanent thing but regarding the spray tanning although I'm qualified in Fakebake I've been using Suntana light, medium and dark but I've recently been looking at whitetobrown which I saw you have talked a lot about so I wondered if you had tried the rapid whitetobrown solution? Would you advise getting a 3 separate solutions or a rapid solution?
Sorry I don't know anyone who has used this brand before and it's only just been started to sold in my area so have only just heard about the brand. I wondered if you could provide any information before I got some samples :) x

I actually haven't tried the rapid solution as it's not available in Ireland yet Whitetobrown contacted me about it. I would like too obvi.
It's actually being pulled off shevle's at the moment cause they are repackaging!
Personally in my experience few people ever want the 8.5% Light solution... Only a few so I buy the 250mls for just that which I barely ever use!
I always have in stock 10% Medium as it's beautiful and best colour for pale skin like ours! I prefer using 10% for pale skin as I would do 2 light layers if the client wants a dark tan as with any brand in dark solution if it's put on pale skin it can go orange as it's happened with me with FakeBake and Sienna X.
So I usually have 10%

But I can defo recommend the sunjunkie one and the LA Tan, it's about 25 quid off ebay for a litre, and before anyone says don't buy off ebay, LA Tan actually have an ebay shop xxxxxxx

St.Tropez is beautiful but if your on a budget it can be a pull...
I prefer to buy them at the best price I can so shop around!

Latest posts

Back