Spray tan advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a very valid reason professionals don't purchase from eBay and amazon...check your insurance policy re authorised distributors.

Online isn't the issue, if I had to buy everything instore it'd be a major pain. I like to shop online in my pyjamas drinking coffee.

I can't wait to try it on my human guinea pig.

[edited to remove URL link and prices]

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a very valid reason professionals don't purchase from eBay and amazon...check your insurance policy re authorised distributors.

Insurance companies take your money and if you claim some won't even pay out they are gangsters. Want your money but don't give it back should you claim.
I will buy my products where ever I like and where ever suits my budget, if you don't like that then don't buy of Amazon or eBay.
I know loads of professionals who buy in both shops and online, and the insurance companies will know the difference how?

They'll ask for purchase receipts & expect you to have them because of claiming the cost back on your tax return.

I label everything in envelopes so I don't throw it out in one of my everything must go clearouts.

They'll ask for purchase receipts & expect you to have them because of claiming the cost back on your tax return.

I label everything in envelopes so I don't throw it out in one of my everything must go clearouts.

Let people do what they want. Thanks

Well you asked the question.

You put a question mark at the end of a sentence. I wrongly assumed that made it a question.

I am very sorry.

Calling insurance companies gangsters is a bit OTT but I understand the sentiment. I felt like that when I got my quote for car insurance renewal this year. :)

It's important to have professional liability insurance in the event of a claim against you and if the claim relates to an allergic reaction to products that have been bought from eBay rather than the official distributor, you'd probably need to prove that the product is genuine otherwise, it's an easy get out clause for the insurer and won't do your professional reputation any good at all.

Saying that, it's important to shop around to get the best value these days although I find that if you buy at trade prices, particularly on VAT free days, its generally cheaper than buying online from eBay etc.

I actually haven't tried the rapid solution as it's not available in Ireland yet Whitetobrown contacted me about it. I would like too obvi.
It's actually being pulled off shevle's at the moment cause they are repackaging!
Personally in my experience few people ever want the 8.5% Light solution... Only a few so I buy the 250mls for just that which I barely ever use!
I always have in stock 10% Medium as it's beautiful and best colour for pale skin like ours! I prefer using 10% for pale skin as I would do 2 light layers if the client wants a dark tan as with any brand in dark solution if it's put on pale skin it can go orange as it's happened with me with FakeBake and Sienna X.
So I usually have 10%
Thank you for getting back to me :) I think I might get a couple of samples and see what it's like x

Thanks for all the extra information guys! :)

That's really really helpful thank you so much.
Through my research and asking people their preferences it's a toss up for nouvatan, Morrocan and now whitetobrown :)
Thank you again
Hon, that's not actually true...not all products are the same at all. I'm a spray tan trainer for Nouvatan & I can tell you that Nouvatan is 100% organic, not tested on animals, has no alcohol (which is very drying on the skin and causes a patchy fade off) and no parabens (which are known carcinogens) & has 7 different shades, and has added moisturisers which help prolong the tan and moisturise the skin...it is far more reasonable tan for you to purchase as well...why don't you have a couple of tans from different people offering different products and make ur own mind up what u prefer? I did just that over 8 years ago now and have never looked back! Xxx

havent had time to come back to this and reply. i have decided on Nouvatan as the cruelty free no parabens has swung it for me i really need to book my training is there any trainers near watford ? do i need to have more then one person to train on ? also best place to buy a machine
thanks in advance xxxx

havent had time to come back to this and reply. i have decided on Nouvatan as the cruelty free no parabens has swung it for me i really need to book my training is there any trainers near watford ? do i need to have more then one person to train on ? also best place to buy a machine
thanks in advance xxxx

Check Amazon

ok just looking on internet and popped in spray tan guns and a toolshop spray machine popped up i lol but in all honesty it looks the same, what is the diffrence ? no im not planning on buying it just made me chuckle !x

what site are you on

tool station lol its a spray machine for fences and paint !!
i have seen a dynatec machine and wondered if its any good ? from a beauty shop not a tool shop

Why don't you go on Amazon and try?

im looking everywhere just want to see what the best machine is to help with the search x

Hey all
Just to update you, i bought the la tan kit as it was on a really good offer and came with the diffrent % solutions
i have been practising on a friend and my 16 year old im just trying to sort out training and insurance as daughters friends want me to spray them but i cant untill im insured

Latest posts

Back