Spray tan doesnt stay on legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella771

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have a client who regulary gets spray tans. Her problem is it never stays on her legs. Once she has her shower the next morning it washes off.
I went through everything with her to make sure she isn't doing anything wrong and everything she is doing is correct so im baffled as to why the tan washes off her legs only?? any advise much appreciated :)

I have a client this happens to on be lower half of her legs!! We have manage to find a way around it by doing a couple more coats on the bits that don't stick. I guess some people skin just doesn't take properly. When I spray tan myself I always have to out extra on my knees as they just don't take to the tan xxx

Hi Geeks

I have a client who regulary gets spray tans. Her problem is it never stays on her legs. Once she has her shower the next morning it washes off.
I went through everything with her to make sure she isn't doing anything wrong and everything she is doing is correct so im baffled as to why the tan washes off her legs only?? any advise much appreciated :)

Holy moly just popped over from hair but this happened me in December wen I started taking the pill again. Needless to say I stopped it and im brown as a berry again but my boyfriend preferred me white ;-)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek

thanks for your replies geeks. Yeah she got double coat on her legs but still never sticks, just must be her skin type and tan doesn't take to that area!

thanks again

Does she shave her legs? And if so is it more than 24 hours before her tan, and if she says it is, is it REALLY????? The moisturising strips can be a barrier to the solution.

I'm white as a milk bottle on my legs, when i have FB Original & most other brands i'm the same, the morning after it just comes off, or within 48 hours.

The closest i got to keeping it on was 2 sprays of FB Darker solution.

Strange though, as on the occasions i've done it myself with a store bought spray can before getting the proper gear, these came out fine !!

A few things may cause this, but advise she doesnt use the shaving gels in a can. This solved a few of my ladies lower leg problems! If she does use it she must stop altogether really if she is a regular tanner.

This has happened to one of my clients. She was really upset that it had happened and I had to go back the following day, just to respray legs. Most frustrating! However, I am positive that she had shaved the morning I went around to spray her. Shaving gels and shower gels can interfere with the sprays. I always advise clients to shave the day before their spray and then shower just with water before I go around.
You may well have advised this already, but clients will do what they want at the end of the day.
:rolleyes:
xx

Yes you can tell, unless the client has naturally oily skin as soon as your solution hits the skin you can see by the way its settles/absorbs if they have products on skin or havent prepped at all. Im afraid a long of the younger clients I get are a little slack in prep but Im always banging on about how important it is, otherwise they are wasting their money I can only guarantee 100% perfection if they do their bit!

This is so interesting as fake tan never ever sticks to my lower legs & even on holiday i never get a natural tan on my lower legs either!! My knees & feet yes but never my lower legs!

I k ow this might sound a bit crazy... But do you think it might be something to do with circulation/heat of the legs?
I know some people who have breast implants the tan doesn't take as well to them, maybe because the skin is more stretched but I'm sure it has something to do with body heat :-/ just another theory

Thanks for all your replies and advise. When she booked in for tan i advised her to shave/ wax 24 / 48 hrs before tan and exfoliate and moistuirse. She swore she done all this and always preps well before every tan but still this happens. I sprayed her legs darker than rest of her body but still came off. I will check that she is not using any oil based products and that she doesn't use shaving gels and we will try again and see how we go :wink2:

Thanks again geeks

Latest posts

Back