Spray Tan tips on arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnypaws

Reaction score
Hello all!

I need your help. I am still practising on friends before I start out. I had my training nearly 6 months ago so I am forgetting a few things (hense the practising!). I am happy about everything...but, I am struggling with how to do the arms!! What order do you spray the areas?

Thank you all...I hope you can help:)

xx

Hun, how were you trained to do arms?

There will be many ways as I know from experience that tanners are trained differently when it comes to spraying.

Personally, I start on the top of the arm spraying from shoulder to back of the hand (Client is standing with their arm out to the front-palm down). Then I get client to turn palm up and spray from top to wrist but as I get to wrist I pull away slightly to prevent to much tan on wrist. Then client raises arm above their head and I spray from arm pit to inside wrist.

As I said this is how I was trained and others will prob give you other ways so you will be able to choose what why suits you.

Hope that helps you a bit xx

Thanks Lou, I think I will do the arms like you said. I was taught that when they had their back to me, I then sprayed the back of arms too but then I get confused with which bits I sprayed on the arms, but not only that, how they position their arms when I'm spraying!!!!
xx

I do it in a number of sections. The arms are a place that you can leave bits out on hence me being extra careful. I first hold their arm out, with my hand covering their hand so as not to get tan on their hands.

I spray from the shoulder to the wrist, and then do a series of rotating the arm and getting them to put their arm in the air for the last section.

Not very good at describing it am I - sorry!

It helps to picture your client's arm in four sections- Front, Back and two sides.

First- Get your client to stand with her back towards you, with both arms stretched out behind her, hands closed into a fist.Spray from shoulder to wrist, pulling away into a V when you get to her wrist.This will cover one side.

Then turn her to her side, her hand closed into a fist, arm stretched out towards you, her palm facing downwards.You can place your hand over her closed fist, this will help you guide her arm(be careful not to grab her wrist as you can leave a nice set of white fingerprints :L.Spray from shoulder to wrist, again pulling away into a V when you reach the top of her hand.This covers the front.

From this position you can rotate her arm slightlyto the left and right, spraying each side.

Next, lift her arm into the air(so that her armpit is facing you), spray from her wrist to armpit. Working from wrist to armpit stops you from loading tan on the area around the armpit(i find a lot of clients have quite dry skin there from shaving, underwired bras etc and tan can gather there if you're not careful).Start spraying from slightly to the left/right of the wrist('Flick' your gun in horizontally then spray downwards in one move), and rather than spraying straight down the armpit pull away into a V. The overspray will give enough coverage to the armpit.

Finally, check that arms are done, get client to hold out her hands, palm down, and make a 'claw'(she'll feel silly but will have perfectly tanned fingers!!), give hands a QUICK LIGHT spray, then while she's still in a 'claw', get her to turn hands to left & right, so you can spray thumb & pinkie.

Hope this makes sense!!
Everyone has their own method, I think the most important thing is to come up with a step-by-step routine and then stick to it everytime, you'll never miss a bit!

Latest posts

Back