Spray tanning booths

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalio

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I need some advise regarding spray tanning booths. Do you have one in your salon and what is your experiance? There has been a case in Australia where a young woman died of cancer, apparently due to spray tanning, so I'd like to hear from you on safety and how many people really use these things.

At the moment I am in Bosnia ( where the...) , and have MT3500 DeLuxe model, but business here is very slow, so we are moving back to Australia. I just whant to check if it's worth shipping the booth or maybe I should try and sell it here.

What are your thoughts:confused:

Hi everybody!

I need some advise regarding spray tanning booths. Do you have one in your salon and what is your experiance? There has been a case in Australia where a young woman died of cancer, apparently due to spray tanning, so I'd like to hear from you on safety and how many people really use these things.

At the moment I am in Bosnia ( where the...) , and have MT3500 DeLuxe model, but business here is very slow, so we are moving back to Australia. I just whant to check if it's worth shipping the booth or maybe I should try and sell it here.

What are your thoughts:confused:

Hi and welcome to Salon Geek.
The cost of shipping this heavy equipment half way round the globe is going to be rather expensive...

I would reccomend your best option would be to try and sell it off for as much as you can get and cut your losses.
Good luck

How did she get cancer from a spray tan!? Are you sure it wasn't from a sun bed? :hug:

The only one I went in I didn't like as it was really misty, soaked me with tan and it sprayed me unevenly.

Wrong information, my mistake for not checking before - it was solarium after all.

But still have no answer on spray tanning.
Doesn't anybody use it?

Most of us on here favour the spray tan but we do it manually,
meaning the therapist sprays the client with a spray tan system, not a booth hth

Hi there

not sure if this helps but I offer spray tans (st Tropez) and do very well from them, I spray the client whilst they stand in the booth and there is an extractor behind that sucks away the excess tan.

This company do offer the booths which automatically spray you but they are very costly and I think only the really big salons have them. I once spoke to one of the engineers and he said they have no end of problems with them!!

As for shipping, I think it would be very costly.

Thanks for the advise I searched for Spray tan threads and have found no one to be using or mentioning Magic Tan?
Has anyone used it or had it done ?
I don't enjoy being in the booth, but the results are amazing. The bronze tan I get in the booth can not be achieved in the sun as I burn easily.

Please, some thoughts on Magic Tan!

I've not seen that many places that have these types of booths - mostly spas or salons in upmarket areas.
Most spray tanning done in Australia that I've seen is in a portable tent with a hand held machine that the therapist sprays on the client.
I'm not sure if it'd be worth your time and money to ship it.
Most places that spray tan that I see advertised do spray tans for $20 - $30.
Can you compete with these prices if you ship your booth over?

Latest posts

Back