Spray Tanning in the middle of a Microdermabrasion Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunSpray

Reaction score
Hi All

I've had an enquiry from a lady who'd like a spray tan, but she's half way through a 6 week course of microdermabrasion and wondering if it would be OK.

She said her skin looks and feels fine after each microdermabrasion session, and she wears full make-up the next day with no problems.

Just wondering what you microdermabrasion Geeks would say?

Thanks xx

Have you contacted your fake bake trainer with this question,
i would advise a patch test.

Hi Loubylou, No I haven't contacted my Fake Bake trainer with the question, I kinda thought that as there are so many beauty therapists on this site, they may be in a better position to advise due to their possible microdermabrasion knowledge and experience. I guess I wondered if spray tanning would come under the "Don't" heading in the aftercare advice.

Regarding a patch test, you're right but the only thing is it'd have to be on the client's face or neck, which I'm not sure I really fancy doing.

I was told today which salon the client has the MD done at, so I may just call them up and see what they say.

Thanks xx

Hi Loubylou, No I haven't contacted my Fake Bake trainer with the question, I kinda thought that as there are so many beauty therapists on this site, they may be in a better position to advise due to their possible microdermabrasion knowledge and experience. I guess I wondered if spray tanning would come under the "Don't" heading in the aftercare advice.

Regarding a patch test, you're right but the only thing is it'd have to be on the client's face or neck, which I'm not sure I really fancy doing.

I was told today which salon the client has the MD done at, so I may just call them up and see what they say.

Thanks xx

Your client should have received all the aftercare advice from the salon where she is having the treatment I would not be happy to treat the client before checking with them. Better to be safe than sorry :)

I always thought that after a microdermabrasion treatment you werent allowed to wear make-up or anything like that until the course had finished? Im not sure if that is correct. If you cant get a response from your trainer i would maybe suggest she contact her salon and get them to write a letter to confirm whether or not she is allowed it. Also do a patch test. At least this way your covering your back if she did have some sort of reaction to it. HTH xx

Hi
I do microdermabrasion at my salon. There is no problem with putting makeup on straight after a treatment. Like any facial it is best to let the skin breathe but many clients do come up a bit red afterwards so feel better putting makeup on after.

As for a spray tan aslong as the clients skin is ok during the course i wouldn't advise against it. I treat sometimes really bad acne skins with the microderm and this sometimes can bring out a breakout more before it starts to improve so in a case like that i wouldn't do it. But if this lady says her skin is fine then i wouldn't see a problem. It's pretty much the same as putting makeup on, but with mderm been a deep exfoliating facial they need to be aware that next time they have a treatment their tan will come off! So make sure they dont have it booked the next day!

Hope this has helped x

That has helped, thanks very much xx

Latest posts

Back