Spray Tanning Men!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
I am spray tanning my brother 2nite - I had my training on Thursday - so just practicing on him really.

He has a shaved head!! How do I tan him?

DO I need to spray all the back of his head and top of his head? Behind his ears etc??

Sorry if that is a stupid question!!!

And what about if they have really hairy legs - will the tan go through??

Hi, ive spray tanned my boyfriend before it was the day of my mams wedding we were going on holiday the next day so were a bit drunk, but it still turned out alright apart from our orange hands, the legs were fine the hairs didnt effect the treatment :)

I think i remember seeing a thread on this not so long ago and Collin if i remember rightly gave some good advice.

I am spray tanning my brother 2nite - I had my training on Thursday - so just practicing on him really.

He has a shaved head!! How do I tan him?

DO I need to spray all the back of his head and top of his head? Behind his ears etc??

Sorry if that is a stupid question!!!

And what about if they have really hairy legs - will the tan go through??
Hi Hayley,

Some idea's for you
1) Don't be afraid..keep your confidence level up and just look at this problem as if it is just another tan you are doing
2)Hairs on the legs(or anywhere else) are no problem...treat these area's just the same as anywhere else.
3) Assuming your brother hasn't shaved his head within 24 hr's prior to being sprayed then there is no problem with this area either....just look at this again as just another part of the body to spray(so your confidence shines through)
I would be best that you do not overspray this area ...better to do a lighter coating and have to Top up rather than to have to repair overspray problems.
You can spray top, back,face and behind ears however again..less is more:hug:

Good luck

I also find with VERY hairy legs that if you mist slightly further away going down, then mist again in the same fashion going up. This way the solution is light and won't blob on hairs and on the way up, the mister will blow the hairs away a little and you get any skin that you may have missed on the way down.

I did a man with a bald head last summer, and I sprayed up from the back when he was facing away and did a light spray behind the ears up. from the front I sprayed higher when doing his face. I didnt spray directly onto the top of the head. It produced a nice even tan to match up everywhere else.

Like Collin said.. less is more :hug:

Latest posts

Back