Spray tanning with dry skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloeannaj

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

I have been doing spray tanning for a year and i am still picking up new things etc. I trained with fake bake but now use LA tan as i find it is AMAZING. I have recently started up my business again and I have two clients who have very dry legs... Now we never covered that in our lesson, so I'm wondering how do i solve this as they are worried it will go patchy?

I have seen to make them moisturise before hand with an oil free moisturiser? I asked another group on FB that are american (i think) and they said no do not let them do it and to get a primer which la tanning do.

But i would like your advice?

Are they exfoliating regularly and applying moisturiser the night before? X

I have really dry skin. I always make sure i exfoliate well the day before ( i use a tan eraser mit, they are really good for exfoliating) then once ive washed the guide colour off i make sure i moisturise every day (i use crazy angel wing smoother, as this can be used as a moisturising spray aswell as a barrier spray) xx

Are they exfoliating regularly and applying moisturiser the night before? X

this is there first time tanning, so when i did the patch test i just said that if they exfoliate and moisturise well they should be ok x

I have really dry skin. I always make sure i exfoliate well the day before ( i use a tan eraser mit, they are really good for exfoliating) then once ive washed the guide colour off i make sure i moisturise every day (i use crazy angel wing smoother, as this can be used as a moisturising spray aswell as a barrier spray) xx

great thank you thats so much help!

I agree, I have clients with dry skin and have a few of the exfoliating gloves that I sell. If they use the gloves the day before treatment and then moisturise and twice a week in general I've found the tan goes on perfectly, drys almost instantly and lasts really well :) I'd be specific and say exfoliate with gloves on Tuesday and Friday for example just to be clear as I've found if not they can forget xx

I would recommend them to exfoliate and moisturize well before the spray tan. What could be a good idea as well is to find a really hydrating spray tan solution as some of the express tans are "quick drying" which makes clients who have dry skin already go patchy.

The only reason patchy tan happens is because clients are not moisturizing and exfoliating and so the tan is clinging to the patches of dry skin. If they have smooth soft moisturized skin they will be free of patches.

They good news is that patchy tan is not the spray tan tech's fault the client must look after their skin with and without a spray tan!!

We as tanning technicians can only advice clients whether they listen or not is their problem. If ur own tan on ur skin is flawless and so is everybody else's then they can say nothing!!

We are a walking advertisement for our work.
Please don't feel bad for others people's mistakes.

St Tropez do an oil based spray tan.

GOLDEN RULES OF SPRAY TANNING EXFOLIATION AND MOISTURISATION.

I agree, I have clients with dry skin and have a few of the exfoliating gloves that I sell. If they use the gloves the day before treatment and then moisturise and twice a week in general I've found the tan goes on perfectly, drys almost instantly and lasts really well :) I'd be specific and say exfoliate with gloves on Tuesday and Friday for example just to be clear as I've found if not they can forget xx

I have found this also to be the case, with the gloves you get a much better exfoliation and with the loofah it just doesn't work aswell... Also never scrub with a body scrub cause there is sooo much oil in these!

if they have a tan booked in advance i would advise them to start a skin routine right away and use an aquaus creme. If they have their tan pretty soon just pre care as usual and nothing applied on day except if there is really dry patches like knees etc.
And inform them that their tan may not last or fade of with desired results and if they plan to keep getting tans a strict skin routine must be followed for longevity and value for money .

Latest posts

Back