Spray tans -how many coats do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hey, when i did my Tantrick training, we were told one coat is enough. but can you do two or would it turn out too dark? x

I would think it wouldnt be too dark, but one thing that concerns me is that if you having to do two coats on people thats using up twice as much as your lotion on one person? Which means you would be earning enough?x

Hiya

When I did my Tantrick training, we were told to do 2 coats! This usually takes about 40-50 ml per person per tan.

Hiya

When I did my Tantrick training, we were told to do 2 coats! This usually takes about 40-50 ml per person per tan.

Yup I've always done two to make sure I give an even coverage, takes me ten minutes max to do a full body(cos I times it the other day and coudn't believe how quick it was!). I use very little solution as I have finally got my machine set how I like it and get virtually no overspray so it all goes on the client.

i use sienna x and i always do 2 coats as said above it helps to insure even coverage

I always do 2 coats... thats how i was trained and thats how i train others. As Sassy says, its too make sure you have an even coverage!

I always do 2 coats... thats how i was trained and thats how i train others. As Sassy says, its too make sure you have an even coverage!

when you say two coats, do you mean like start at back nr shoulder and work your way to bottom of back other side, then re trace your steps so to speak, ?? so you end up again at shoulder area?

see i cant wait can i?????

TWIRL lol

I have only ever done one coat and always achieved an even coverage without any problems. Hoever, at my recent Tantrick training I was taught to do 2. If I can do a good job with one coat, why waste solution?

I only do 1 coat on face, back and torso but go over the arms and legs and chest twice.

Most people like deeper legs and arms (I think a natural tan is different all over the body anyway).

Hey, when i did my Tantrick training, we were told one coat is enough. but can you do two or would it turn out too dark? x

I use Sienna and I give my clients the option of one or 2 coats although I find I achieve even coverage with one coat some people like the option of 2 and I charge more for that 2 so your making up for the extra solution used etc:)

hths

Kate xxx:)

when you say two coats, do you mean like start at back nr shoulder and work your way to bottom of back other side, then re trace your steps so to speak, ?? so you end up again at shoulder area?

see i cant wait can i?????

TWIRL lol

I would spray vertically up and down the back from left to right ... and then back again vertically right to left ... and the same for the rest of the body. It works for me!

Its standard with Tantrick to do two coats, Im not sure why you were told otherwise.
It give optimum even coverage.
It does not waste solution as has been said before per tan you should only be using 40-50 mls tops (unless you have only just trained of course!! Its natural to use more then!!) particularly when used with a tantrick minimist, which gives a fine spray and leaves next to no over spray.

HTH

i use sienna x and i always do 2 coats as said above it helps to insure even coverage

It's alway best to make sure you have covered everwhere, plus if the client is happy with the coverage they will come back

I give one good coat then a waft over and never had a bad/streaky tan. :):)

This is how I do it too... first coat very steady and evenly applied coving all body areas. 2nd waft I waft over the back, legs (not inner or feet 2nd time round) arms (not under arms or torso) Upper chest area and face. The 2nd waft coat for me is quick and literally 2 minute application for full body. I always get 22 - 25 tans from my litre of solution and this is how I show anybody that trains with me. :hug:

Its standard with Tantrick to do two coats, Im not sure why you were told otherwise.
It give optimum even coverage.
It does not waste solution as has been said before per tan you should only be using 40-50 mls tops (unless you have only just trained of course!! Its natural to use more then!!) particularly when used with a tantrick minimist, which gives a fine spray and leaves next to no over spray.

HTH
No i asked and she said just the one coat is fine but two over the chest area.So if i do two coats, should i miss out under arms, hands and feet second time around.x

Same here, just as i was trained by our mod Jen :hug:

We have developed our method of training to suit both our liquid as well as taking a global view of what we consider the best method.

One proper coat is more than adequate if applied correctly...however there is no problem whatsoever in sweeping over any areas where the client or you feel needs it...but please remember....."less is more"

We all will,over time, all evolve our own personel way we prefer to apply a tan that both you and your client are happy with..this will come with time,usage and experiance and there is nothing wrong with this...if you have devised a better way that specifically suits you then great.

It is however important in the early days of spraytanning that you stick with the method our trainers go through with you untill such time as you have gained experiance .

Good luck and happy tanning :hug:

LoubyLou
That was who trained me and a very good job she did as well. Thanks Jen x:):)

We have developed our method of training to suit both our liquid as well as taking a global view of what we consider the best method.

One proper coat is more than adequate if applied correctly...however there is no problem whatsoever in sweeping over any areas where the client or you feel needs it...but please remember....."less is more"

We all will,over time, all evolve our own personel way we prefer to apply a tan that both you and your client are happy with..this will come with time,usage and experiance and there is nothing wrong with this...if you have devised a better way that specifically suits you then great.

It is however important in the early days of spraytanning that you stick with the method our trainers go through with you untill such time as you have gained experiance .

Good luck and happy tanning :hug:

Collin

Can you just clarify now that Tantrick trainers now train to do one sweep and not the two that I believe used to be taught. And if so what bought about this change?

Latest posts

Back