Staff discounts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolaw

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what to offer staff as a discount for treatments and products? I used to let them get treatments free but I now have 8 staff so it would prove costly to carry on with this. I let them have retail products at cost price. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Free?! They were lucky!!

25-50% off?

They are a walking advert for your business so I don’t think free for aesthetic treatments is a bad thing for staff to perform on each other after regular hours or during quiet times. Maybe up to a certain value to stop them taking advantage though!

Yeah that’s how I always seen it as advertising treatments just now there’s so many it’s expensive and takes time out of the diary I could use for clients. I guess I could give them free on both Therapists own time or discounted on my time

Should definitely not be when you could have a paying client! That defeats the object of advertising!

At my current salon we all have ours done in quiet times or after work for free because we provide our own stuff and it just depends on whether someone wants to do it. In my last salon where I was employed it was only during quiet times and we paid cost of product :)

The salon i was first based in for training etc me and the other girls were given our colours etc done for free......as long as it was done in quiet times or after work. After a while i actually decided to start paying cost price of however much tint i used because my hair is so long so used more than average was only fair.
Id definitely say cost price its only fair on yourself and your business

We do 20% off retail product and 50% off services

Hi just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what to offer staff as a discount for treatments and products? I used to let them get treatments free

Many thanks

I don’t know how one would go back on an already existing staff perk.
If you have such a successful salon you able to employ 8 members then you must certainly be doing well enough to have hired them.
Secondly if you Perhaps has a meeting and open discussion to hear the views of your staff might help in the change over process. You don’t want to come across as a boss who doesn’t care.

I would say it is fair to allow grooming treatments free, say making sure their brows are done and facial waxing and then other things like nails etc would be for their own cost price account if you were to decide to change your current staffing perks.

Another idea would be to allocate staff a budget , at say full cost like £100 per month they can use that coupon off having a facial and nails or either their hair at the going retail rate.
Anything outside of that coupon would be paid for by that member of staff at the full rate for the balance of that treatment.
Meaning full set foils cost like £120 so they pay in £20 (argument sake).
Then once that coupon is finished and they would still want say another treatment for argument sake spraytan, then you could allow this at a reduced price which would basically be your cost plus mark up less the labour cost (meaning they doing out hours so not costing your salon labour cost but you still make on the product used).

I think that’s a pretty nifty idea . Just thought it up now actually

Latest posts

Back