Staff management, monitoring takings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellext

Reaction score
Thought it would be good to start a thread for business owners on staff how to monitor stock , takings and protect your business from bad employees!!

Tell us more. Do you have a problem with trust in your salon?

No I have excellent staff and don't feel the need to monitor the above as much as I really should, I am now having to hire new staff and worried about how to monitor as they will be left in very trusting positions x

A few thoughts that might help.

Ensure you have a staff handbook containing all your policies and procedure notes.
At the settling in session, set out your expectations so the newbie understands the scope of their job and the high standards they need to work to.

I think in a salon environment, problems can arise if a newbie sees other staff members wasting time on their phones, not regularly cleaning up after themselves etc. and mistakenly assume that's the culture of the place. Assuming that your existing staff are conscientious, your new member of staff will want to fit in and so will follow their lead. Consider asking one of your most trusted experienced members of staff to act as an informal mentor for the first 2-3 weeks of settling in to ensure good habits are formed.

Hold regular 1:1 sessions with the newbie to review progress and identify any training needs. Ensure these sessions are supportive and not punitive.

Latest posts

Back