Starting from scratch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouLou89

Reaction score
Hello lovelies! Grab a cuppa as this might be a long one! [emoji1]!

Okay so, I am level 2 qualified in beauty and have since done additional training in spray tanning, cnd shellac and gel extensions with nail Harmony. I am currently in a position where I can put 100% into growing a mobile business and I no that success does not happen over night. I want to make sure I am starting off on the right foot and providing a professional service.

I am planning on being mobile - mainly nails and mobile tanning on evenings and weekends - however I do not drive... I would just be offering treatments in the local area so jumping on the bus with my equipment is not a problem - evenings and weekends I am able to do tanning from home or get a lift from my partner. Does anybody else do mobile work without a car? How have you found it?

When you get a booking do you send a booking confirmation email/text to your customer? If yes what do you include in this confirmation message? I’m thinking something along the lines of obviously confirming the time and date (duh[emoji23]) - but also to say that I will need suitable area (table/chair) near to a power source to complete treatment. I would really appreciate help with wording this, if any of you are happy to share.

What did you find worked best to grow your client list when you very first started out?

Any tips or advice are appreciated!

Many thanks

I drive, but before I did I had to depend on others to get back and forth. I couldn't imagine stand with electronic equipment in the rain waiting on a bus...

I started from the off very professional I send a confirmation message prior to appointment

Date time
Cost
Upsell to Olaplex
Payment details with cash and PayPal link - PayPal must be while I’m in the house
Thanks etc

I now do a booking message as I now take deposits so when they book I send them a thanks for booking - explains my deposit and cancellation policy. I’m a hairdresser so I then skin test all new clients take the deposit and then send them the confirmation above.

I’ve never had any issue with power sources but there are now (a year in) something’s I wish I added in but don’t want to overwhelm them. When I Skin test I ask what shower/ bath they have. Lighting is another issue I have. But generally I guide them to say I’d like to work in the kitchen as it has sides and I don’t like colouring over carpet.

Make sure you have an extension lead that will solve an socket issues.

Thanks for your replies

Latest posts

Back