Starting level 3, need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disneyprincess1999

Reaction score
Hiya, I am soon going to be starting a level 3 nail technician course at college and I haven't done level 2 as I will learn the level 2 essentials either the first months of the course.

I was wondering which essentials should I get I will get a kit. It I want to get some things so that I know it is mine and does t get mixed up with the other students.

What can I do or buy that will help me train ?

And what are the things that I should know ?
Thank you

I would advise you not to spend anything until you get your college kit. It will have been carefully put together by your course lecturer to meet the needs of your course.
It is actually important that everyone in the class has identical implements so that when you are being taught the basics you pick up the right tool and use it correctly. Once you have your basic skills then you can move onto using other tool types.
I used to get my students to name their equipment with a sharpie pen where possible and for the metal tools use blobs of nail polish, colour coded to each individual.

I would advise you not to spend anything until you get your college kit. It will have been carefully put together by your course lecturer to meet the needs of your course.
It is actually important that everyone in the class has identical implements so that when you are being taught the basics you pick up the right tool and use it correctly. Once you have your basic skills then you can move onto using other tool types.
I used to get my students to name their equipment with a sharpie pen where possible and for the metal tools use blobs of nail polish, colour coded to each individual.
Thanks this has helped

Hiya, I am soon going to be starting a level 3 nail technician course at college and I haven't done level 2 as I will learn the level 2 essentials either the first months of the course.

I was wondering which essentials should I get I will get a kit. It I want to get some things so that I know it is mine and does t get mixed up with the other students.

What can I do or buy that will help me train ?

And what are the things that I should know ?
Thank you
I've published a post on a few things I wish I knew before I started here - https://www.varnishednails.com/blog...-i-started-my-nail-technology-course/2017/5/1 - hope it helps!

Thank you that has really helped I'm now going to be watching your posts aha xx

Hope they help! ;)

Latest posts

Back