Starting up mobile help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

April :)

Reaction score
So after a break in hairdressing I have decided to start up mobile. I've been out of the salon for a long time so a bit rusty with everything but have booked myself on some refresher courses to get back in to it! I am however struggling with advertising and getting in clients I have a Facebook page but since I haven't done a lot of hair for a while (the odd trim and root retouch on family) I have no photos or reviews to display my work! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas around advertising and bringing in new business? Are flyer drops worth it nowadays? Does a website help? I'd be really grateful for any ideas! I do live in an area where there are lots of salons and mobile hairdressers so it is pretty tough! Thank you

Hi FB and your opening offers are probably a good start. Something an hour is better than nothing an hour. Then your off and running.
It will take time to build. Genuine clients are hard to get outside the offer hunters.
However persevere and eventually you will get it. Go on tour refreshers as they are confidence building.
Possibly get a day or so in a salon build up the work place speed and gain tips off others in the salon.
Collectively it's only a short term plan. Your mid term is in a year or so then you can gauge how productive you have been.
Don't cave in. [emoji106]

Hey, I left my salon last year and went mobile.. with zero clients as the salon was away from where I live

I had some flyers made up and do a 50% discount for every new client on their first hairdo. I did one flyer drop for about 2 hours where I live and haven't had to do one since, as everyone recommends you to their friends

So many people told me I shouldn't be giving such a big discount, but it's really worked and a good 90% of my clients have stuck with me :)
I decided that it gives people a chance to try a new stylist at a decent price if they are currently unhappy with cost/other things at their current salon. And 50% is better for me than nothing

Good luck and stick with it.. I have got such an amazing bunch of clients now I couldn't be happier

Hey, I left my salon last year and went mobile.. with zero clients as the salon was away from where I live

I had some flyers made up and do a 50% discount for every new client on their first hairdo. I did one flyer drop for about 2 hours where I live and haven't had to do one since, as everyone recommends you to their friends

So many people told me I shouldn't be giving such a big discount, but it's really worked and a good 90% of my clients have stuck with me :)
I decided that it gives people a chance to try a new stylist at a decent price if they are currently unhappy with cost/other things at their current salon. And 50% is better for me than nothing

Good luck and stick with it.. I have got such an amazing bunch of clients now I couldn't be happier

Thank you for the advice! I'm getting there just very slowly!! Did you post the 50% off flyers along with a price list or just do the 50% off and wait for them to make contact with you?
It's so hard in my area as I live in an area where there is a hair salon, on what feels like, every street corner! X

Where do you live April? I am also in hampshire :)

I'm in portsmouth! How about you?

Latest posts

Back