Starting up mobile/work from home business in eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenbxx

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just joined the site so unsure if this is the right place to add this! :confused:

I currently work as an accounts assistant but have always had an interest in hair and beauty therapy. I did level 2 hairdressing after leaving school and i started beauty level 2 but had to give it in to go to work full time for financial stability!

I have been thinking recently about moving back into beauty by starting up a mobile/work from home business in eyelash extensions - i am looking for advice or any feedback from anyone whos done anything similar?

Also which courses you would recommend?

I have looked at flirties and novoue??

I am thinking about doing the LVL lash lift also so i have that to offer as an alternative to the semi perm lashes as i know this is very popular at the moment.

Any feedback would be appreciated xx :):):):)

Loren

Hey! I would go with nouveau it's a well known trusted brand! I'm trained in lvl and it's one of the best things I have ever done. Good luck x

Ahh thanks so much was you in beauty before hand did you just train in LVL? How's it going do you do it mobile xx

Flirties do both the lash extensions and the lash lift courses at very competitive prices. You have constant support off your trainer and access to VIP area for special offers and support off the rest of the flirties trainer network [emoji106][emoji106]

Ahh Thankyou for the advice I'm 100 percent sure I want to train with flirties! The website confuses me a bit do you have any idea how much each course is for a beginner starting up? I'd also prefer to do the 1-1 rather than in a group would you recommend xx

Which area are you in and I can let you have the trainers details[emoji106][emoji106]

Preston so think nearest training to me Manchester X

Ahh thanks so much was you in beauty before hand did you just train in LVL? How's it going do you do it mobile xx

Yes I been in it for 4 years, still in salon and going mobile in a few weeks! Xxx

Hi I trained with nouveau for extend and LVL and loved both of the courses, the trainers were really lovely and full of knowledge, The kits are great to,

Hi, could someone tell me with nouveau extend how long does it last for and are infills required 2-3weeks? I'm lvl trained and debating about lashes too! Thank you x

@tinkerbell80 Hey, Ive decided to train with flirties i have lashes on though have done since january this year i get infills every 3 weeks maximum but my sister can go 4 weeks before infill totally depends on the individual i love them full so im constantly getting infills! Do you just do lashes or are you a beauty therapist? Do you find you are busy with the LVL? Im doing both courses end of the month currently just prepping the room at home i will be working in :)

Hi @cazjp69 do flirties have vat free days? I'm gonna book training through them just wondered if you know if any opportunity to cut costs slightly x

I'm sorry I don't end of sept beginning of oct they had three continuous vat free weekends so don't think there will be that offer for a while

Hi, hope it's ok to reopen this thread. I work full time as a digital marketing manager and am doing training at The Beauty Academy to be a make up artist but wanted to add something that I can do at home or mobile. I'm really interested in LVL too and so wondered @Lorenbxx what you'd got to get started? I have a room in my house - a spare bedroom - that I can use but I have three cats so i don't know if that will cause issues with clients and allergies. If you're doing mobile are you buying a massage table to take or is there another way you do it at the clients house. Also do you think you can make a viable part time business out of doing purely LVL?

Thanks

Helen

@pbfhpunk Hi :) Im not too sure but i suppose if the cats are out of the way when clients are coming round you shouldn't have a problem? I'm in the process of setting up ive converted my spare bedroom into a treatment room i bought a beauty couch, stool and lamp and im due to do both my courses for semi perm lashes and LVL lash lift in the next couple of weeks just in the middle of designing logos and business marketing material with a graphic designer as want it all to be professional from the start! Ive decided to train with flirties for both so i can let you know how it goes :) Im not offering mobile as it is not cost effective and you lose a lot of time travelling when you could be doing treatments and earning also the table is heavy and hard work to move all equipment also you need good lighting for lashes and a certain room temp for the glue! Ive done beauty in the past before so really excited to start up i definitely thing you can make a part time business soley doing the lashes there is a huge demand for this treatment at the moment not many individuals offer it in my area it is more of a salon based treatment this is not ideal for anyone due to unavailability of booking etc! x

@pbfhpunk Hi :) Im not too sure but i suppose if the cats are out of the way when clients are coming round you shouldn't have a problem? I'm in the process of setting up ive converted my spare bedroom into a treatment room i bought a beauty couch, stool and lamp and im due to do both my courses for semi perm lashes and LVL lash lift in the next couple of weeks just in the middle of designing logos and business marketing material with a graphic designer as want it all to be professional from the start! Ive decided to train with flirties for both so i can let you know how it goes :) Im not offering mobile as it is not cost effective and you lose a lot of time travelling when you could be doing treatments and earning also the table is heavy and hard work to move all equipment also you need good lighting for lashes and a certain room temp for the glue! Ive done beauty in the past before so really excited to start up i definitely thing you can make a part time business soley doing the lashes there is a huge demand for this treatment at the moment not many individuals offer it in my area it is more of a salon based treatment this is not ideal for anyone due to unavailability of booking etc! x

This is great thanks. I've just looked and can get a couch, stool and light for around £165 on Amazon and I think that's all I'd need - plus of course the cash to do the courses!

Does anyone know the closest trainer for flirties if I live in Washington Tyne & Wear? Thanks x

Latest posts

Back