Starting up my own salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harty09

Reaction score
I'm looking at renting commercial/retail space or whatever it's classed as these days.

1. I havn't got a clue where to look for somewhere to rent

I already have most of my products all i would do is change my Manicure and Pedicure range.

Does anyone have any advice on what i need to do all i can think of is.

1.Have the certs and Qualifications and insurance (done)
2.Find somewhere to rent(not a clue)
3.get the products(done)
4.get the furniture(half done)
5.Get an accountant(my uncle is one half done)
6.how do i work out how much should do towards products and how much is profit????
7.what do i need pat tested? do i need to get some sort of check for all the electrics if so whats it classed as
8.find a hairdressers, someone to do facials and a nail tech to rent(can be done i hope)

I know i'm asking a lot but please help!Lol

thankyou everyone!

Hi

I also would like to open my own salon one day and have found that www.rightmove.co.uk is a good start for commercial property.

You put your area in the search bar and then select commercial lettings when you get to the next page.

It deals with lots of different estate agents and you can then go onto their websites and just carry on from there.

You can also look for properties in the area you want to be in and look for the boards and copy down the details that way.

HTH a bit

Lisa

Ive also been looking into this... you need to think of licenses too. one to play music, one to perform your treatments. also the cost... one place i looked at.. it was cheap but they wanted £700 for the lease to be drawn up by solictor, and then 3 months rent up front. so worked out very expensive for a 3.5k a year premises.

what do you mean a liscence for performing treatments, i thought all you needed was your qualification and insurance to carry out treatments.

if you are opening a retail/commercial premise you will need to apply for a licence to do this on the premises from the council. The one I had to get to do nails was a massage and special treatment licence, this may give more info but you will need to look at your local one Licensing - Beauty Treatments

you may also need to apply to change the use of the premises if they are just offices or a shop, my local council charge £360 for this :(

Last edited:
Hi

Have just looked and luckily my council doesnt need a license for massage or beauty treatment.

Always good to know and to check so thank you .

Lisa

Starting up a new salon can be very difficult and time consuming. Having a salon software management system can take many of the time consuming and stressful tasks away such as working out the sums, stock taking and cashing up. The software allows you to store track and communicate with clients in one easy to use system, you can send out booking reminders, drastically reducing the missed appointments saving you time and money. Similarly the marketing features of the system allow you to fill empty appointments or less busy periods by sending out personal SMS messages to clients which is a very useful feature for new salons to get the appoinments filled. For any more information on this visit Studio Tracker website.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back