stirling and euro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, this is prob most aimed at northern irish geeks. today i checked the exchange rate and saw that the exchangerate of euro to £ is 1.18. at the min i buy nimue and ez flow from the south of ireland even though i live in northern ireland and the currency is stirling. i just cannot afford to keep buying at this exchange rate as if its not bad enough paying vat at 17.5%, the republic of irelands is 21%!!! on monday im going to ring the uk suppliers and see if they will supply me and if they won't im going to have to go to the nimue south africa and ez flow usa. this is something that really peeves me of. suppliers in america or where ever always agree to irish distributors supplying the whole of ireland even though it is 2 separate countries with sep governments and currencies. i love the products i use but really cant afford these prices. my partner was telling me that they reckon by the end of the yr it'll be 1 euro to 1£ which is great for southern irlish geeks but not for me!! would love to know what other irish geeks think about this and it'd be good if any suppliers have anything to say. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back