Storing client data on computer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
I know most people store their clients records, addresses etc on client cards which everyone can get into if they decide to. I've just got myself a laptop with mobile broadband and am wanting to store my clients information on there and password protect it so nobody can access it but myself. Just I've heard a few horror stories on here of employees taking record cards and stealing clients and stuff like that so im trying to prevent it from happening. Does anyone do this already? and is there a application for it or do you use something already on the computer?

I could mention something that happens to be running on a server in Wolverhampton that does exactly that, but won't as that would be naughty.

But you need to be very careful about the data protection act when storing personal data on a computer. Have a look at the web site of the Information Commissioner's Office, Information Commissioner's Office - ICO (I seem to remember) - you may need to register under the data protection act, which costs around £35 per year - be careful as you may be breaking the law if you are storing personal data on a computer for business purposes without being registered.
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back