Streaky Sienna X spray tan after showering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sacha Shepherd

Reaction score
Hi, My daughter done a spray tan on a client last night (we are both trained but her more recently) using Sienna X 60 minute tan. Client left on for hour and a half and when she showered it looked like this (please see picture). She said she didn't have any creams or deodorant on prior to tanning, but she did wash her hair while she was in the shower. When she left she was really happy with it. We have used this product before numerous times and it has always been fine. Does anyone know why it might have gone like this please? I was wondering if it could have been the shampoo or her not staying in the shower long enough to get rid of the residue but she insists she was in for a good five minutes.

Attachments

• siennax.jpg
    siennax.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 164
It's because she washed her hair in the shower. With these rapid tans that you wash off after so many hours, it's really important that the client just uses water in the shower, no shower gels no shampoos or cleansers or anything, otherwise it will strip the tan

Thank you, that's confirmed what I thought.

WOW that's awful! I feel so bad for her!

That looks like it just needs another wash off.

Definitely looks as if there was a water spillage: the shampoo stripping the tan before it has properly developed.

What people should do is wash your hair before your spray tan and wear a shower cap. I never wash my hair when I rinse of bronzer, if I shower the night before there is no reason to use shower gel unless your dirty lol

She just needs to wash properly, there is still guide colour on xx

Hi, My daughter done a spray tan on a client last night (we are both trained but her more recently) using Sienna X 60 minute tan. Client left on for hour and a half and when she showered it looked like this (please see picture). She said she didn't have any creams or deodorant on prior to tanning, but she did wash her hair while she was in the shower. When she left she was really happy with it. We have used this product before numerous times and it has always been fine. Does anyone know why it might have gone like this please? I was wondering if it could have been the shampoo or her not staying in the shower long enough to get rid of the residue but she insists she was in for a good five minutes.
I used a sienna x spray tonight on my client and she ended up with a patch of dark on her forearm and belly. And knees were orange aswell. Im hoping wen she has a shower in the morning it will even out. Any responses would be greatfull it my first client this has happed to. Also she exfoliated with sea salt 10 mins before i got there any help please

She should have bathed and exfoliated way before you
Got there. Sienna is orange IMO. maybe try another brand. Good luck. Dont let it put you off. [emoji173]

She should have bathed and exfoliated way before you
Got there. Sienna is orange IMO. maybe try another brand. Good luck. Dont let it put you off. [emoji173]
Thnks for your reply. I normaly use siennax and its fine but for some reason it just looked terrible. Must have been because of exfoliating tò soon before i sprayed her.do you think wen she showers tomorow it will look bette?

Yes I would think so. [emoji106]. Let us know x

Yes I would think so. [emoji106]. Let us know x
Not that much better. I messaged sienna and told them the situation and they replyed saying it was probably because she exfoliated just before i got there with sea salt. Sienna were pretty good really and explained that useing bicarb and lemon would help take colour down which i then related to client.

Hope she didn't get all uppity. I usually offer a free tan when I get a complaint ( not very often thankfully) but it happens to us all. X

Latest posts

Back