Struggling with eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3rry1

Reaction score
Hi...wondering if anyone can give me some tips! I have just done the marvelash course and tried my first set on my mam. It went terrible and i removed them for her the next day. She has very blonde eyelashes which didnt help, going to tint them next time. I found i was running out of eyelashes but they looked far from full. Its so difficult but dont want to give up as paid alot of money for the course. What are the best lashes to use? And any hints or tips would be great! Thankyou :)

Hi Hun. There's a fab website by Rachel bridges. You do have to pay a one off payment to join but it's been like a bible for me. Here's the link https://www.lessonsinlashes.com/

I did a day course with marvel lash when I started and must admit I redid my training with Flirties. What lash lengths and thickness did you use Hun? And def tint them :) will help you loads to see the lashes.
I use 0.15 thickness lashes. I use B curl for my elderly ladies or those wanting a very natural look. Then C curl on most of my clients who want them a bit more noticeable.
I always have some 0.12 lashes going too and apply these to more finer baby lashes as the 0.15 can be a little bit too heavy.
Another tip is make sure you don't load too much glue on your lash extension. Gently dip a few mm in and slowly pull it out so there's not a blob on the end. And don't swipe the lash extension on the natural Lash, simply place it about a mm from the base.
I was trained to use a lash map, did they show you that?

Hope that helps Hun. I started my training last jan and this year did volume. Stick with it you'll get there :) xx

Hi Hun. There's a fab website by Rachel bridges. You do have to pay a one off payment to join but it's been like a bible for me. Here's the link https://www.lessonsinlashes.com/

I did a day course with marvel lash when I started and must admit I redid my training with Flirties. What lash lengths and thickness did you use Hun? And def tint them :) will help you loads to see the lashes.
I use 0.15 thickness lashes. I use B curl for my elderly ladies or those wanting a very natural look. Then C curl on most of my clients who want them a bit more noticeable.
I always have some 0.12 lashes going too and apply these to more finer baby lashes as the 0.15 can be a little bit too heavy.
Another tip is make sure you don't load too much glue on your lash extension. Gently dip a few mm in and slowly pull it out so there's not a blob on the end. And don't swipe the lash extension on the natural Lash, simply place it about a mm from the base.

Hope that helps Hun. I started my training last jan and this year did volume. Stick with it you'll get there :) xx

Hi, thankyou for your reply, huge help! I think i definetley used too much glue as there was a ball of glue before i placed on lash, also i was taught to swipe which i will definetley try just placing the lash on. Im using j curl 0.20 ... its just what came in the training kit. Will be trying again this week, fingers crossed i do a better job! X

Lash Tribe on Facebook is very good for advice and it's free to join the group. If you can afford it, Rachel Bridges is very good, as is Lash Tech Tutorials with Eyelash Excellence. They will really improve your confidence and build your knowledge. Don't give up x

Latest posts

Back