Strut Your Stuff 2005 OPENS for entries!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkdwich

Reaction score
Strut Your Stuff is taking your entires NOW!!!

4 categories..
Jr Enhancement (salon style)
Sr Enhancement (competition style)

Jr Mixed media ail art
Sr Mixed media nail art..

Don't miss out on over $7000 in prize merchandise and $500 cash to the highest score courtesy of NAILS Magazine!!!!!

See the rules for specifics, please be sure to read them carefully.. there have been some minor changes this year.

http://www.beautytech.com/contest

Oh I may do it this year Debbie thanks :wink2:

i was thinking the same thing too lelly loo loo ;)
nt nail art tho.... comp nail stylieeee :cool:

Jess
xxo

was thinkin the very same thing:cool:

I wanna do the junior one but Im not sure if Im good enough, does anyone know the standard they expect???

holliejayne said:
I wanna do the junior one but Im not sure if Im good enough, does anyone know the standard they expect???

Do it Hollie, Junior is for techs who have never entered a comp or been place higher than a 4th so go for it :wink2:

holliejayne said:
ast contests and you will be able to see the entrys for the junior section from last year, and view the winners to see what you will be up against.

ok im going to be dumb:o ..........................................
i dont understand the comp, do you have to go somewhare to take part or is it done via photo and is ther any kind of theme with props etc, i dont understand the rules etc, ive never entered a comp before (omg i sound such a divvy)

I was wondering where it is.

Strut your stuff is a photo comp that is run each year by Beautytech.
You read the rules send in written instructions and photos of your work.
You do have to pay an entry fee of $15 :wink2:
Hths

This comp is where you send a picture of the nails, application form and payment via e-mail. Check out the rules as they may have been changed.

Anna from polished.ca won one year, who is a fello geek!

thanks guys thats interesting.

Wow glad to see so much interest!!

OK here's the scoop.. the entire competition is run online.. you sumbit your entry from on a web page, you attach your images to me via email, you pay with paypal.com (using your credit card even if ou do not have a paypal account). The judges will do their thing, also entirely online.. the scores are computed online and then the wimmers are posted online.

The only draw back for you guys over there in the UK and other places outside the continental US (all states excluding Hawaii and Alaska) is you may have some issues getting prizes. Shipping costs have sky rocketed and.. well go read the rules page and you will see what we have set up..

thanks for leting me know what it is, i dont feel so stupid now:)
Lellipop said:
Strut your stuff is a photo comp that is run each year by Beautytech.
You read the rules send in written instructions and photos of your work.
You do have to pay an entry fee of $15 :wink2:
Hths

umm, I think after looking at those i'll get a bit more practise and try next year!!! xx

I enetered the Nail Art last year...didnt do terribly well, though its still one of my fave pics!

showimage.php

Might enter this year if I can think up something better. I really enjoyed it...there was some fabulous work posted!

holliejayne said:
umm, I think after looking at those i'll get a bit more practise and try next year!!! xx

its a good way of getting a professional critique though holliejayne, when the judging is finished they send you your score sheet with individual marks for each judging criteria and comments too. its good value for $15 and you get a certificate of participation. i did the nail art category last year, i was pretty pleased with the nails, but could have kicked myself when i found out that my close up photo didnt comply with the rules properly.

Latest posts

Back