Stupid Facebook....is this right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure I wasn't suppose to but I ended up deleting my "fan" page and ended up doing it up like a personal page. I had over 60 people except my friends request in 4 days(only 20 likes in 3weeks on the other). It allows you to post on your friends wall were as before you couldn't since you weren't technically friends. Couldn't get any likes, when I would try to "suggest" it to friends, I kept getting errors with the friends list. I just keep the page open for everyone to see.

I know it's so tempting to do this but if facebook finds out they will close down your profile (sometimes without warning) and you will lose all your information including your 'friends' list. Someone I know who had over 3,000 on her friends list had 24 hours notice of them shutting down her profile. Panic set in as she desperately tried to get all the information moved over to a business page before it all disappeared. She thinks a competitor may have reported her but it could just as easily shown up in a random check.

I'm sure I wasn't suppose to but I ended up deleting my "fan" page and ended up doing it up like a personal page. I had over 60 people except my friends request in 4 days(only 20 likes in 3weeks on the other). It allows you to post on your friends wall were as before you couldn't since you weren't technically friends. Couldn't get any likes, when I would try to "suggest" it to friends, I kept getting errors with the friends list. I just keep the page open for everyone to see.

I know it's so tempting to do this but if facebook finds out they will close down your profile (sometimes without warning) and you will lose all your information including your 'friends' list. Someone I know who had over 3,000 on her friends list had 24 hours notice of them shutting down her profile. Panic set in as she desperately tried to get all the information moved over to a business page before it all disappeared. She thinks a competitor may have reported her but it could just as easily shown up in a random check.

Do you have to post on each separately?

So if you're asking new customers to join you on facebook, do you suggest your business page or group? And if people search for your business name, which one do they find?

Sorry for all the questions but I think I am going to start a group (already have a business page) and just want to understand how it all works.

(Have been looking round facebook for last few days and notice some salons are showing as "places" pages which just adds to my overall confusion! :eek:

So if you're asking new customers to join you on facebook, do you suggest your business page or group? And if people search for your business name, which one do they find?

Sorry for all the questions but I think I am going to start a group (already have a business page) and just want to understand how it all works.

(Have been looking round facebook for last few days and notice some salons are showing as "places" pages which just adds to my overall confusion! :eek:

They find both. I prefer the like page, so that's the one that we use most. Clients seem to prefer it too :)

I would recommend a like page :) xx

Latest posts

Back