Stupid question but I need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly25

Reaction score
Hi,

Just got back from a trip to NYC...was fabulous and had my nails done at a quality nail place whilst i was there....

I asked for fibreglass wraps and the manicurist put the fibreglass base on but then proceeded to add nail powder and a liquid type substance....i thought that the last two products were only associated with acrylics??

Don't get me wrong - my nails look fab and she did a great job. However, they are definitely thicker than the last set of fibreglass wraps I had...

My questions are:

am i right in thinking i have a mix of fibreglass and acrylics?
and what do i do when it comes to infills??:confused:

You can have your nails rebalanced with any system (all will stick to each other) although the colour may vary a touch.

You do seem to have had a mixture .... not just a straight forward wrap. But there are many ways of doing things and if they look lovely and last then you have had a good service. I do think the nail technician should have explained to you what you had done though ... or maybe you should have asked??

I should have asked but i didn't really think about it until afterwards....

I don't mind really - as I said I am so pleased with them.....I just wish she was my local nail tech and not a few thousand miles away!!!! :biggrin:

There are plenty of great nail technicians in the UK who will be able to look after your needs ... you do not need to go to the USA to get beautiful nails hun.

I hear of this a lot in the usa.Am i wrong in thinking that this is not a true wrap. Its really a hybrid system. i only do gel now but when i used to do wraps people would come for infills or nail repairs and it was almost impossible to duplicate the look with just resin and wrap (esspecialy repairs) I always wound up having to explain it was acrylic powder on their nails.

Latest posts

Back