Sued over eyebrow wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a lady yesterday morning for a brow wax tonight she messages as has scabs along her brow bone
Consult was done pre wax ,talc , tested temp all fine, no redness after she paid and left happy
She says the redness started last night and scabs by this morning , is it normal for a reaction to come out 12 hrs later after treatment ?

has she had waxing before? if you were to skin the area you would usually notice early. is it like a friction scabbing or like individual follicles? I tell her apply sudo creme and wash with warm soapy water/cleanser. It happens

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Being a complete newby here but is the problem actually NOT the therapist but actually the PRODUCT? :?:

I have been sued over this, my insurance paid her £750.
My therapists was an experienced one, carried out consultation, did everything to the book.
It happened, she came back, we offered her a refund and a voucher for £30. She refused the voucher and asked for £200 cash. I felt like I was at the market stall. I politely refused it.
It took about 2 years for her to get this money through it but she did it!

With love from me

I have been sued over this, my insurance paid her £750.
My therapists was an experienced one, carried out consultation, did everything to the book.
It happened, she came back, we offered her a refund and a voucher for £30. She refused the voucher and asked for £200 cash. I felt like I was at the market stall. I politely refused it.
It took about 2 years for her to get this money through it but she did it!

With love from me

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess you probably encountered a vexatious litigious client who knew the ropes...

Just a general comment here:

Insurance companies will often pay out to the client even when the likelihood of the client succeeding in court is very small. Some clients are aware of this and will doggedly pursue an obviously weak case.

Just to defend court action will cost the insurance company a considerable amount in legal fees for advice plus any additional fees for expert testimony etc. and as the client is unlikely to be required to pay the costs for defending the action then the insurance company would effectively lose a large sum even though they 'won the case'!
Expert legal opinion costs a minimum £300 an hour upwards... So, if a client is persistent, it's often easier to pay them off.

The insurance company then recoup the money they payout to your ex-client through increased premiums across the board....

Try not to take it personally. This sort of scamming by clients happens in ALL areas of business. :-(

Latest posts

Back