Sunbed shop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam emery

Reaction score
Hi I recently opened a tanning salon 6 weeks ago, spent £40,000 in total, I need to make £130 daily to break even after wages, rent, bills etc, currently it's just ticking over not losing money but not making money either!! Currently I have around 100 block bookings active, what's the average amount of block bookings other salons have? Also what sort of cash can be taken daily? And how does business improve in the summer months?

Any advice will be appreciated just slightly worried as I didn't plan on spending 40k to not make profit.

Thanks

And any ways to boost income?

It's been 6 weeks. It takes a long time to get established.
You will lose money to start with.

For a cheap ROI I'd look at social media marketing.

Don't worry too much I have a tanning and nail salon and this time of year is always quiet it will gradually improve with time and come Easter we are usually busy right through summer until November time. I think once the spring/ summer clothes arrive in the shops people realise how pale they are so head for the Sunbed shop. Also once people have booked their summer holidays they like to start getting their skin ready to tan. This time of year we are all wearing lots more clothes and its a pain to get undressed and dressed again for 6 min sunbed!! As an indication I find the sunbed tokens per day are increased 300% + from winter to summer - hang in there it will improve.

Diane

Latest posts

Back