Sunbed shops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new2this

Reaction score
Could any of you lovely people let me know if they own or work in a sunbed shop, how many customers they have on a average week. i am thinking of opening one up and need a bit of market research. Many thanks.

Hi mate
I own and run a nail and sunbed salon in Orpington Kent.Shame you arent nearer because i would invite you in to see for yourself what this industry is like.

The business is very seasonal and the busiest time of year is from May-September,outside these months you will be very lucky to make a good profit and so will need to make the most of the keys months.

Also consider that this industry is really effected by bad press and you will need to sale the positives.

The key points to consider are area,you will do so much better with no competetion near by,late nights are essential (or those that work 9-5).Also parking....all of these will influance your business.

Unfortunately now a days you can not simply just offer tanning or sunbeds as a stand alone business....desk rental or room rental is essential in order for you to survive the out of season period.Add on treatments are essential.

You simply can not make a living out of a stand alone sunbed business....

How many clients a week depends really on a number of factors such as area and how well established your business is...we may get loads of clients through our doors this week for example but all of them or a large percentage of them could be on a course which means we wont make any money out of theses clients,other than tanning lotions,untill there course runs out.

HTH

Lou
xx

i used to work in a sunbed salon they opened 10-8 mon to fri, 10-6 on sat and 10-1 on sundays

in the weekdays we would get between 30-50 clients a day, saturdays about the same but sundays were quiet with about 10
had 3 stand up beds and did spray tanning as well

i used to work in a sunbed salon they opened 10-8 mon to fri, 10-6 on sat and 10-1 on sundays

in the weekdays we would get between 30-50 clients a day, saturdays about the same but sundays were quiet with about 10
had 3 stand up beds and did spray tanning as well

Gosh that sounds like a lot, it difficult to research this apart from sitting outside a well established shop for a couple of hours and counting customers but i would probably get myself arrested or something! Thanks for your help though.

Gosh that sounds like a lot, it difficult to research this apart from sitting outside a well established shop for a couple of hours and counting customers but i would probably get myself arrested or something! Thanks for your help though.
Hi, I did stand outside my competitors and I didn't get arrested! not right outside their door/window tho! I also did a survey with a clip board asking how oftern they go and what treatments, prices ect... all area's are different so you would have to do it for yourself unfortunatly! it's ok once you get out there! take a quick look at the business link website it was really helpful. good luck.

Latest posts

Back