Sunbeds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CARLAx

Reaction score
i have to confess im a sunbed junkie just woundering who eles uses them how many times a week !
ano there not good for you at all but i think im hooked there like my routine!
just courious

I dont use them anymore, I owned a lovely double canopy sunbed for about 8 years from late teens to mid 20s, I was on it ALOT! I do feel as though I have damaged my skin a little.
I do like having a tan & can see why people like it, have you ever had a spray tan? Im sure it would be better for you.
Im moving to Spain in July, Im sure I will have a great tan then, I will try to protect myself though! Dont want to be a wrinkly prune:lol:

Hi, I would totally disagree that sunbeds are not good for you, it all depends how you use it (how long and often). It is proven that the UV given by a sunbed is very good for you and can help in many ways from sensitive skin to vitamine production and bone structure. I have had allergies before and was prescribed certain minutes on the sunbed!

The key is to use it sensibly - best is to use a certfied bed / lamps so you know the output is exactly what you are expecting - the advantage with a sunbed is that you know what you are getting whilst laying on the beach does not tell you how much UVA or UVB could be hitting your skin as this varies with the time of year, day and where you are....

You will find that people who use the sunbeds sensibly and in small amounts will have no problems what so ever and enjoy the increased wellbeing and benefits whilst those people who think a sunbed is only good when you come off it looking like a lobster - exceeding the recommended time and dosage could end up having problems.

I always think if someone goes on holiday and plonks on the beach at 9 am staying in full sun till 5 or 6pm to get the most of the sun, then dont worry about being a few minutes on the sunbed as this will be much better for your skin and a lot less stressful for your body!

To answer your question of how much is good, depends mainly on your skin type and also the sunbed and lamps you are using but if you stick within the recommendations for time and wattage then 1 to 2 times a week is ok.

Its a bit like saying alcohol is bad for you when a glass of red wine can actually be beneficial to your body.....its like with everything....enjoyed in the right amounts it can be heaven....

Latest posts

Back